INFJ's on Exhale: MBTI personality

First off, thanks @iAlwaysSingLive for the personality poll you did last week. This lead me to read a lot on MBTI personality types and inspired me to embarque on a self-discovery journey. :sendinglove:

Personal stuff aside, I was very surprised to see that INFJ's make up for ~25% of Exhale's community when we're supposed to be the "rarest type" in the general population (~1.5%). Being an INFJ (advocate type) myself, I can't help but wonder why we are so overly represented on here and if it explains why I feel a strong connection with you all. 

I'm curious to hear your insight on this! :kiss:

Here's some info on the INFJ personality: https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

personality.jpg.c8c7d32249b522082c89c44bceab56d4.jpg

You know what, same. I am an ESFJ (Consul) and I also wonder why for a type that is supposed to be 12% of the population, there's only four Consuls on Exhale and i'm the only one who is mainstream. :imacat:

Spoiler

But i'm not complaining of course. :barbie:

Looks like, i'm not the only one who is still hung up on Singy's thread. That is #impact people. :mattafact:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

You know what, same. I am an ESFJ (Consul) and I also wonder why for a type that is supposed to be 12% of the population, there's only four Consuls on Exhale and i'm the only one who is mainstream. :imacat:

Makes me think that diversity among exhalers is probably not representative of the general population since all share common traits and interests to begin with (forum discussion, pop culture, etc). Plus, only a few of us responded to the survey, so no statistical significance hehe. But idk, still odd. :brityes:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, theKARATEkid said:

Makes me think that diversity among exhalers is probably not representative of the general population since all share common traits and interests to begin with (forum discussion, pop culture, etc)

But those questions were not asked on the test so I don't think it was a factor. :idkney:

9 minutes ago, theKARATEkid said:

Plus, only a few of us responded to the survey

Cause it was a SUPER LONG test. :gloria: I almost gave up 40% in - cause it was taking so long to finish. I, like, really took it seriously. On average, I spent around one minute per question. :queenie:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Cause it was a SUPER LONG test. :gloria: I almost gave up 40% in - cause it was taking so long to finish. I, like, really took it seriously. On average, I spent around one minute per question. :queenie:

RIGHT?!  Actually I took that tests few years ago and decided to retake it when i saw the thread and I got the same results. I spend an entire afternoon completing it and reading on personality types. I was locked up in my office at work and got nothing else done that day :orangu:

49 minutes ago, theKARATEkid said:

RIGHT?!  Actually I took that tests few years ago and decided to retake it when i saw the thread and I got the same results. I spend an entire afternoon completing it and reading on personality types. I was locked up in my office at work and got nothing else done that day :orangu:

The crazy part is that you can actually buy a whopping 250 page profile for your personality type if you're willing to spend like 40 dollars. 250 pages sounds crazy, but I read some reviews, and the full profiles are nothing special apparently. :idkney:

58 minutes ago, theKARATEkid said:

RIGHT?!  Actually I took that tests few years ago and decided to retake it when i saw the thread and I got the same results. I spend an entire afternoon completing it and reading on personality types. I was locked up in my office at work and got nothing else done that day 

I'm not like super into this personality test cause I find it too complicated with all the letter combinations and what they mean and stuff. It was all too much for me. The first and last time I did this was in high school for like a homeroom activity or something. So like, 13 years ago. :blol: And this is only the second time for me and am I glad I took it seriously cause I was actually blown away :blast: by how accurate it is. :omg: So it's been days and i still can't get over it. And i'm proud to finally know my type and my letters "ESFJ" cause whenever I hear people talk about Myers-Briggs and share their 'letters' I feel dumb for not knowing mine. So I can't wait to go out after Corona and find myself in a random conversation and finally know my letters. :comingthru:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I'm not like super into this personality test cause I find it too complicated with all the letter combinations and what they mean and stuff. It was all too much for me. The first and last time I did this was in high school for like a homeroom activity or something. So like, 13 years ago. :blol: And this is only the second time for me and am I glad I took it seriously cause I was actually blown away :blast: by how accurate it is. :omg: So it's been days and i still can't get over it. And i'm proud to finally know my type and my letters "ESFJ" cause whenever I hear people talk about Myers-Briggs and share their 'letters' I feel dumb for not knowing mine. So I can't wait to go out after Corona and find myself in a random conversation and finally know my letters. :comingthru:

I was inspired by my favorite K-Pop group TWICE taking the test on YouTube. :clicktina:

1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I was inspired by my favorite K-Pop group TWICE taking the test on YouTube.

Omg speaking off getting inspiration from watching a K-Pop artist on Youtube :omg: I actually want to make a thread that was inspired by Jessica doing this Buzzfeed game that I saw just yesterday. But i'm too lazy. But I want to do it cause it's Jessica and she is me. :barbie:

On 6/29/2020 at 2:19 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The crazy part is that you can actually buy a whopping 250 page profile for your personality type if you're willing to spend like 40 dollars. 250 pages sounds crazy, but I read some reviews, and the full profiles are nothing special apparently. :idkney:

I paid the 40 bucks hehe. I confirm, not worth it :pieceofwhat:

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

Interesting, I was off Exhale last week so I missed the original post. I've taken the test multiple times and always teeter between INFJ and ENFJ. Maybe there are so many INFJs (Advocates) on Exhale because we're super passionate about our favorites artists and "advocate" for them in a way? Idk.

I had the same thought! seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block