Yemen hunger crisis, the pandemic and how YOU can help

When you said Yemen I immediately thought of this from Friends...rs_245x184-180413082103-500-chandler-fri

But seriously those pictures are extremely hard to look at and really put things into perspective.  No matter how bad your day may be you have to look for something good because there is always someone suffering more than you.  It also makes you realize that we are all just people and should be trying to help each other instead of working against each other.  :sendinglove:

• Love 1

Thanks for sharing. Stories like these always put the insane amount of privilege I have into perspective for me for like 5 minutes, and then I forget all about it. Right now, for example, I could very easily spend those 3 euros because that is literally nothing. But I'm hesitant because I'd rather spend them on some stupid online video game. Heck, if I wanted to, I could even go the 20 euro route, but I'm just too stingy. What is wrong with me? I'm so disgusted with myself and the fact that I'm even having second thoughts about this, but I can't help it. Can I even call myself a good person? Capitalism and materialism are a disease. :idkney:

• Love 2

Omg these images are really hard to see. :crying1:

We have to help as much we can. It's important. People who give money to help others are not "kind" or have a big heart. No. It's normal and everyone must help each other, it's the minimum. We are all humans, all equal, no one is superior. It's really hard to accept that until today, many people still suffer from hunger. I'm really sad to see this... :crying2:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Really appreciate you putting this together @BUWYGF. You have a big heart. 

These are tough images to look at, but that's why it deserves out attention. I featured it on the homepage 🙏 

Thank you so much for your kind words Jordan, I appreciate you featuring this topic, makes me very happy! You're a very kind person for helping out with this cause :hugs:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Mattyj7883 said:

When you said Yemen I immediately thought of this from Friends...rs_245x184-180413082103-500-chandler-fri

But seriously those pictures are extremely hard to look at and really put things into perspective.  No matter how bad your day may be you have to look for something good because there is always someone suffering more than you.  It also makes you realize that we are all just people and should be trying to help each other instead of working against each other.  :sendinglove:

IKR!? It makes me think of that scene all the time as well, Yemen Road, Yemen :gloriascary:

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Omg these images are really hard to see. :crying1:

We have to help as much we can. It's important. People who give money to help others are not "kind" or have a big heart. No. It's normal and everyone must help each other, it's the minimum. We are all humans, all equal, no one is superior. It's really hard to accept that until today, many people still suffer from hunger. I'm really sad to see this... :crying2:

Unfortunately our world and and the system are far from fair :( its sad and painful to observe. But as long as there are kind a d selfless people there will always be hope! I am a firm believer in the good in people.

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Thanks for sharing. Stories like these always put the insane amount of privilege I have into perspective for me for like 5 minutes, and then I forget all about it. Right now, for example, I could very easily spend those 3 euros because that is literally nothing. But I'm hesitant because I'd rather spend them on some stupid online video game. Heck, if I wanted to, I could even go the 20 euro route, but I'm just too stingy. What is wrong with me? I'm so disgusted with myself and the fact that I'm even having second thoughts about this, but I can't help it. Can I even call myself a good person? Capitalism and materialism are a disease. :idkney:

No need to be disgusted with yourself sweetie. Everyone more or less thinks the same way. For our brains, its easier to look the other way and ignore what seems to be a cruel reality.

Its understandable you'd rather spend money on yourself, after all, we're taught to put ourselves first.

It's easy to break through this though, if you want, donate a 40 cent meal :) I promise the feeling is elevating!

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

This made me want to cry. I just downloaded the app and donated $3.50 to feed someone for a week. I also set a monthly reminder so that I could do it every month. Thank you for sharing! @BUWYGF I'm giving you 500 Exhale points

You are a WONDERFUL human being, thank you so much for donating! You ALONE are the reason a starving child will be able to have a plate with warm food for an entire week. I hope you realize just how much your huge contribution made someone happy. This child will go to bed with a full stomach and have the sweetest dreams thanks to you. People like you are an eternal source of hope and inspiration. Thank you :hugs:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, nwonder said:

Heartbreaking and devastating. My soul hurts for those poor children.

Thank you for sharing and raising awareness. Looking into donating as we speak

Yay! Thank you so much!! Ya'll have made my ******* day, you have no idea. I hope your kind spirit always shines brightly! :hugs:

Can we donate in euros? I don't really know how that works :decisions:

But thanks for this post! :makeitrain: Saying that x means = y meals is extremely effective, because people do realise how their money is spent, and they are more likely to help (hmm... between one McFlurry & helping a starving kid to eat properly for a week... > one McFlurry or giving 4$?) 

I've had a chapter about hunger in the world and Yemen is literally the only country of the region that is facing such a terrible situation, it's the one that depends the most on external helps & the food crisis is at its highest point... kinda crazy once you realise that such a country exists in the same zone as Oman, SA, UAE, from excessiveness to starvation... a third of the population is in desperate need for food, and yes, the medias are barely talking about this issue. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, conceptuel said:

Can we donate in euros? I don't really know how that works :decisions:

But thanks for this post! :makeitrain: Saying that x means = y meals is extremely effective, because people do realise how their money is spent, and they are more likely to help (hmm... between one McFlurry & helping a starving kid to eat properly for a week... > one McFlurry or giving 4$?) 

I've had a chapter about hunger in the world and Yemen is literally the only country of the region that is facing such a terrible situation, it's the one that depends the most on external helps & the food crisis is at its highest point... kinda crazy once you realise that such a country exists in the same zone as Oman, SA, UAE, from excessiveness to starvation... a third of the population is in desperate need for food, and yes, the medias are barely talking about this issue. 

Yep you can donate in any currency really, the app converts it all automatically once it receives money from your credit/debit card regardless in which currency :mhm: and yeah, its shocking to realize Yeken is surrounded by very rich countries that just stand and watch :( Zero compassion

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Oh my god thank you for writing this. I am tearing up right now.

I'm happy to know that you work for the UN! 💛🧡💜

I just downloaded the app and will be donating right after this post.

Thank you for doing this @BUWYGF ! Bless your heart!

Yayyy thanks for donating Roxy!! :hugs:you're an angel:mcry:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block