Beyoncé - "Black Is King" stream + comment party

On 6/28/2020 at 7:27 PM, OnlyBeyonce said:

Solange is the younger and uglier sister of Beyoncé. You can see  her in the action in this video  :jl:

Beyonce is not ugly , and Solange is definitely not ugly nor uglier 🤦

Solange is way too underrated and her music is another league, none of the basic mainstream *****es will ever come close , and yes I even think that Solange of 2016- until now is better than current Beyonce . Solange is serving visuals and sound like no other and showing us what is the definition of an artist that has GROWN , I'm so proud of her :tiffanynod:

On 6/28/2020 at 6:47 PM, OnlyFacts said:

I wish I could say I care, but...

idc i dont care GIF by Lifetime Telly

And I’m a Beyoncé fan. But she just doesn’t do it for me like she used to. Everything doesn’t have to be “grand” and over the top. It makes her seem out of touch, arrogant, and narcissistic. In my opinion. I still love her, but I want b’day, Sasha Fierce Beyoncé back.

YES!! :meryl: I 100% wholeheartedly agree with what you said! :mimiclap: Bey was always a little narcissistic and involved in shady stuff (especially when her father was firing member of Destiny's Child :clown: + she already was in love with stealing songs and saying that she wrote them etc. :clownery:) but after 2011-2012 she became something else... :tiffsniffle: She truly is out of touch and comes off as extremely narcissistic - well she is not even giving interviews anymore... I personally miss the 2003-2009 Beyonce musically, but I also miss her "old" personality and her "old self" :tifftear:Don't get me wrong - she is still EXTREMELY talented and hard working - she just became a gimmick. Everything she does seems to be sooo calculated, fake, over the top and just narcissistic. :icant2:

• Love 4
On 6/28/2020 at 12:04 PM, OnlyBeyonce said:

Beyoncé writes, directs, and executive produces the new work created by Parkwood Entertainment, in association with Disney+.

Based on the music of “The Lion King: The Gift,” and starring the album’s featured artists and some special guest appearances, BLACK IS KINGis a celebratory memoir for the world on the Black experience. Videos for “My Power,” “Mood 4 Eva,” and “Brown Skin Girl” are extravagances of elegance and soul. The film is a story for the ages that informs and rebuilds the present. A reunion of cultures and shared generational beliefs. A story of how the people left most broken have an extraordinary gift and a purposeful future.

This visual album from Beyoncé reimagines the lessons of “The Lion King” for today’s young kings and queens in search of their own crowns. The film was in production for one year with a cast and crew that represent diversity and connectivity.

The voyages of Black families, throughout time, are honored in a tale about a young king’s transcendent journey through betrayal, love and self-identity. His ancestors help guide him toward his destiny, and with his father’s teachings and guidance from his childhood love, he earns the virtues needed to reclaim his home and throne.

These timeless lessons are revealed and reflected through Black voices of today, now sitting in their own power. BLACK IS KING is an affirmation of a grand purpose, with lush visuals that celebrate Black resilience and culture. The film highlights the beauty of tradition and Black excellence.

336B8A2C-D3F8-4D3A-8815-3F6DF5A229BC.jpeg

ITS AWESOME :mcry:

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching BLACK IS KING a little while ago and, it is one of the most spectacular films I've seen in my life. From the message, to the visuals, to the writing; everything was amazing. It was so refreshing to see my people and culture represented in such a beautiful and regal way. Beyoncé never fails to leave me speechless with her work and, this is no exception. 10/10 stars.

• Love 7
  • Leader
5 hours ago, Deyonce said:

I just finished watching BLACK IS KING a little while ago and, it is one of the most spectacular films I've seen in my life. From the message, to the visuals, to the writing; everything was amazing. It was so refreshing to see my people and culture represented in such a beautiful and regal way. Beyoncé never fails to leave me speechless with her work and, this is no exception. 10/10 stars.

Omg you just made me so excited to watch it tonight! 

• Like 1

Honestly ..... I loved ‘B’Day’, along with parts of ‘Sasha Fierce’....  and I LOVED ‘4’.  In my opinion (humble), it’s her finest collection. 

I loved her self-titled album, and I enjoyed parts of ‘Lemonade’ too. But for me, Beyoncé has drifted into a place now where she aims to relate to ONE ethnicity.... one culture, and that’s her Art. 

let me be CLEAR, I respect the hell out of that. She inspires millions of people who deserve to see their culture celebrated, not appropriated by another typical white-washed pop star. 

FOR ME though, I have to admit that sometimes I miss the old  Beyoncé........ 

guilty. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I just watched it and being from Africa I connected with it so much. It made me feel a sense of pride of where I'm from. I will say this I'm in no way a Beyonce fan, I only had space for Britney in my heart growing up, but I can't deny how hard working this woman is. She puts so much into her art and this project showcases that visually. 

For those saying they want another bday album from her, I'm sure it will come at some point but this project was about delivering a different message and shedding light on a rich culture and its people. For those who identify with it or can appreciate it will love it. 

Musically I was not crazy about it, but I did love the song 'brown skinned girl' Beyonce, Naomi, Kelly and Lupita look stunning in that video (#poorMichelle). :jeanluc:

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I also watched it yesterday and I loved the visuals. The story is a retelling of the LION King but it's very well made. 

As ^ says, she's trying to deliver a different message here. I don't think it's all about her performing skills. When the time's right, she'll come with a project, I'm sure of it. 

Highlights from the visual album:

- Bigger (the message) 

- Mood 4 Eva (the production here was AMAZING) 

- Water (visuals) 

-Power (the performance) 

- Brown skinned girl (message, visuals, beauty) 

- Spirit (the choir omg, the a capella) 

• Like 2

I think she's reclaiming the narrative of African cultures, by using the speeches of the Lion King. It's litterally taking back the storyline from white oppressors, saying this is my culture, so I'll tell you the story how it's really supposed to be.

While I adore the visuals and think they are stunning and love the music too, I do think it's still a very americanized perspective of Africa. There seems to be a conflicting message; are we going back to motherland or Americanizing motherland? There's something off about it for me.

I still think Beyoncé is way ahead any of her peers, simply because all of her peers are not investing half as much in their productions and artistry. It's a bit sad.

One thing that bothers me, is that the movie is sold as Beyoncé's project, but they have more than 30 creatives working on this movie. It's a collective, not a Beyoncé movie.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

i love beyonce but partly from her beyonce album everything seems to me like it's a cult. i get that its art but i still prefer to watch her unplugged from las vegas concert, her Glastonbury concert or bday than her latest work
sorry even music wise not my cup of tea 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block