Beyoncé - "Black Is King" stream + comment party

Beyoncé writes, directs, and executive produces the new work created by Parkwood Entertainment, in association with Disney+.

Based on the music of “The Lion King: The Gift,” and starring the album’s featured artists and some special guest appearances, BLACK IS KINGis a celebratory memoir for the world on the Black experience. Videos for “My Power,” “Mood 4 Eva,” and “Brown Skin Girl” are extravagances of elegance and soul. The film is a story for the ages that informs and rebuilds the present. A reunion of cultures and shared generational beliefs. A story of how the people left most broken have an extraordinary gift and a purposeful future.

This visual album from Beyoncé reimagines the lessons of “The Lion King” for today’s young kings and queens in search of their own crowns. The film was in production for one year with a cast and crew that represent diversity and connectivity.

The voyages of Black families, throughout time, are honored in a tale about a young king’s transcendent journey through betrayal, love and self-identity. His ancestors help guide him toward his destiny, and with his father’s teachings and guidance from his childhood love, he earns the virtues needed to reclaim his home and throne.

These timeless lessons are revealed and reflected through Black voices of today, now sitting in their own power. BLACK IS KING is an affirmation of a grand purpose, with lush visuals that celebrate Black resilience and culture. The film highlights the beauty of tradition and Black excellence.

336B8A2C-D3F8-4D3A-8815-3F6DF5A229BC.jpeg

Im Beyonce Stanner , im not making a bad comment , just i got a doubt:

This coming just after the protest, i mean, this type of movies, needs time to be writed, filmed, edited, all those stuff, every project got their own marketing program but casually after the BLM protest?

Pss: Im Not Racist, Equality 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

This coming just after the protest, i mean, this type of movies, needs time to be writed, filmed, edited, all those stuff, every project got their own marketing program but casually after the BLM protest?

good point but looks like a high budget project so i don't believe they scrapped it. Maybe they planned to release it at 1 year anniversary of The Gift?

No hate , love bey and I am 100% for BLM and the other important causes to promote rights for the black community, but I'm truly sorry to say it's getting boring , it's just kind of disappointing to see all those great singers quiting music while all those non talented artists keep releasing their trash ..... I miss the 00's and 10's :wontcry:

• Like 3
  • Leader
1 hour ago, vzlafan said:

Well to be fair, she had to have stared this months and months ago - way before the BLM protests. Thing is, she's been singing and creating visuals around racial inequality for a long time now. This is something that has been going on, it's just the world is now finally waking up. 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block