Fans confess: 'Britney Jean' is a great album

5 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

Bergamotta Joaquina IS Britney's worst album no matter what is taken from it :chrissy:

There are some cute songs, yes, but the productiion made them completely dry. What baffles me is that Will wasnt alone, that album has Guetta, Diplo, two Sia compositions, William Orbit and Dr. Luke. IT WAS a good team no matter what people say, but the final result is atrocious, hideous, tasteless and completely not of was adverstised it would be:imacat:

The only thing I liked was the involvement from Foster the People. I remember during some interviews Will or Larry saying they had Dont Cry ready but something was missing, so they went to them and they remade the song almost completely from scratch.

And the Mayh drama should be directed to Anthony Preston, he was the vocal engineer. His portolio ends with Britney Jean, its feels like he was banned from the industry or smth :surething:

This is what always gets me too. She had a really awesome team of producers behind her (granted they weren’t the original producers enlisted like Darkchild, Danja, and Hit-Boy). They were all fresh at the end. Britney Jean simply suffered from VERY VERY poor production and timing.

if the album was released in sping/summer 2013 I feel it might have done a little bit better. Work ***** was a summer anthem, shouldn’t have been released in the fall.

Also, it does bother me when people say Myah sang most of the album. Call me delusional but there is no doubt in my mind Britney IS in this acapellas she is just so drowned out by Myah throughout the entire album. We’ve heard different takes of Passenger and other songs so we know Britney DID record vocals for these. Blame Anthony Preston for hiding those vocals from us in production.

Also Tik Tik Boom is an absolute bop and would’ve sounded amazing with other songs that sound like that (when the album was supposed to be Blackout 2.0). Can you imagine her performing it? I always imagined the choreography similar to Gimme More in POM. ALSO It Should Be Easy gets way too much hate. Yes her vocals are distorted af and she sounds like the featured artist (should be the other way around) but it actually has grown on me more over time. Aside from the vocals, which I feel was Britney’s own touch (she did request robotic vocals in Tom’s Diner), this song is one of the very few that is masterfully produced. Also the Dark Edit of this song absolutely SLAPS.

6 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I don't care what anyone says, I like Britney Jean. Sure that little glitch in Alien is annoying and Chillin' With You is cheesy, but the album as a whole is one of my favorites from Britney. Definitely among my Top 5. 

Listen to the Alien demo:

It’s so much better. :tear:

I think if the production of this album wasn't so Dance-focused, the album could have potential. Since the album was regarded as her most personal album, it would have been more interesting to see pieces similar to "Everytime," which is such a beautiful ballad. And promoting the Las Vegas residency with not much emphasis on the album was a bad choice... Such a shame, would have loved to see "Til It's Gone" or "Passenger" performed live.

6 minutes ago, myonlywish said:

I think if the production of this album wasn't so Dance-focused, the album could have potential. Since the album was regarded as her most personal album, it would have been more interesting to see pieces similar to "Everytime," which is such a beautiful ballad. And promoting the Las Vegas residency with not much emphasis on the album was a bad choice... Such a shame, would have loved to see "Til It's Gone" or "Passenger" performed live.

It’s almost like her team knew this album wasn’t good enough to perform more than 2-3 songs lol I’ve always thought Body Ache would’ve been really cool after Scream & Shout (replacing Boys). Heck, even throwing Body Ache after Boys would’ve been cool. The Scream & Shout act wasn’t fully fleshed out til the revamp.

Performing any of the songs didn’t do the album any justice amongst fans. The only two visuals for the album we got were for Work and Perfume (and of you wanna count their respective performances as well as Alien I guess). It honestly deserved more.

Hopefully one day the supposed redone version of Passenger Britney recorded for Domination will leak? lol

• Like 1

Lets be real its mainly down to who she was producing music with will.i.am totally didn't know what Britney's sound was. Yeah he did Scream and Shout, but that worked because she was a featuring artist.

Songs had some cool concept's, and i really liked Work ***** music video. But the production was trash, infact tbh did anyone on her team think "this is a **** show waiting to happen?" cause if so give them a promotion.

2 hours ago, RebelMe said:

If it was better produced and had only Britney vocals on Body Ache, Til It's Gone, Passenger, BMS and Hold on Tight, it could be songs that I would listen till this day. 

You dont like Alien? I mean, this remix is everything.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, myonlywish said:

I mean, we have up tempos:

• Work *****
  • It Should Be Easy
  • Tik Tik Boom
  • Body Ache
  • Til It's Gone
  • Now That I Found You

and then the slower songs:

• Alien
  • Perfume
  • Passenger
  • Chillin' With You
  • Don't Cry
  • Brightest Morning Star
  • Hold on Tight

without counting the remixes.

So it's not like it was FF 2.0. full of club bangers. And even so, a song doesn't have to be Everytime in order to be personal. ISBE, TIG, NTIFY even WB can be interpreted as personal songs too.

Back in the day we had countless threads about people describing how each of the songs, including Body Ace and Tik Tik Boom could be applied to her personal life.

B

L

O

W

J

O

B 

always came to mind when I read BJ in her discography.

It is an awesome album. I would play it all day as loudly as I could, to defeat my enemies and the dark spirits that chase me. 😅

Edited by Bigno
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bigno said:

B

L

O

W

J

O

B 

always came to mind when I read BJ in her discography.

Oh :plzexplain:

1 hour ago, Bigno said:

It is an awesome album.

:clap:

1 hour ago, Bigno said:

I would play it all day as loudly as I could, to defeat my enemies and the dark spirits that chase me. 😅

:miley:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

This is what always gets me too. She had a really awesome team of producers behind her (granted they weren’t the original producers enlisted like Darkchild, Danja, and Hit-Boy). They were all fresh at the end. Britney Jean simply suffered from VERY VERY poor production and timing.

What I find funny is that after that comes Glory full of nobodies and look at the result. The most famous producers were Cashmere Cat and Robopop. You just have to look at Make Me, it was written and produced by BURNS. He didnt know what to do with the song if wasnt for Calvin Harris telling him to send it to Britney. It was his first work for a major artist.

I feel that there are so many talented producers out there fighting for a chance, that going for the big stars nowadays is almost suicide cause they are expensive as hell and has a huge ego thing going on. Look at Billy and Fineas making music from home :oprah:

I do enjoy “now that I found you” in a weird kinda way. It’s like Britney meets Mumford and sons lol

:katycream:

I truly want to know how Britney feels about this album. I wish they’d just remove it from streaming services. We should file a class action lawsuit against  wil.i.aint💩 for emotional distress over this album 

6 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Hopefully one day the supposed redone version of Passenger Britney recorded for Domination will leak? lol

Say what? Britney was planning to perform that trash? :tiffcackle:

She and her team need to act like the album doesn’t exist. WB is the only song she needs to perform from BJ