Fans confess: 'Britney Jean' is a great album

Had they kept Alien, Perfume, Passenger, Chillin Withchuu, Don’t Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Hold on Tight and she actually sang on every track then the album would have been decent. 

One of the many problems with BJ was the inconsistency for me. You literally have songs like Tick Tick Boom and Work ***** on an album with Perfume and Brightest Morning Star it just doesn’t flow. Not to mention most of the album was Myah Marie who doesn’t even sound like Britney. Had she gone down the direction of the above songs I think the album would have been 100x better. The photos for the album booklet are stunning imo and the best she’s looked since her prime. 

• Like 2

I don’t think it’s horrible, but it’s beneath Britney. It has the least replay value of any of her albums. I think also perhaps the lack of visuals accompanying the album has made it even more forgettable over time. 
That being said, I have listened to Britney Jean in the last 3 months and bop to some of it. If proper attention had been paid from all sides, including Britney, it could have been considered a decent studio effort. 
WB, ISBE, Tik Tik Boom (minus the cringe), Til It’s Gone and Hold On Tite are bops. I also like BMS because she sounds pretty on the verses :makeup:

• Like 4