Views on Homosexuality by Country (2020)

Slayer

Here in Chile there still a lot of discrimination towards the LGBTQ+ community and it´s really sad. Even though there are new laws that are appearing lately about protecting LGBTQ+ community, the problem is the people, a lot of them have this Catholic and conservative way of thinking which result in discrimination.

Hope more significant changes happen in the future. Our society is changing in favor of the LGBTQ+ community more now than it was 10 years ago so hope it still doing that way.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's not pretty here. :idkney: Like, I usually don't care about verbal homophobia at all, but the other day I read the comments on a local news article about something LGBT related, and it absolutely ruined my day - I felt like absolute **** afterwards. It was 95% homophobia, and all the positive comments were downvoted to hell. :nyschool: Thank god the new generation is much more open. All of my classmates knew and none of them really cared. :bigkiss:

Ugh I hate homophobic people. Like what it’s your ******* problem?  Why do you bother piece of ****? ******* *********... I swear... I would lock people that make homophobic aggressions and homophobic therapy conversions up until they were fully re-educated. This ******* *******s. 
Lou, if you are reading this, hi! 
:fu:

• Love 1

I can’t say for other countries but here in America, the way that the media promotes homosexuality and sexuality in general, have such a weird air about them. It’s like it’s some strange commodity. Being gay has become this weird Commercialized fad. It’s certainly never been so popular and accepted, but I think how it’s viewed in the media has kinda made it so cool that’s it’s no longer cool. Everything is done to take advantage and make money off of it. 

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I'm shocked at the numbers for Russia. I mean, I know they hate gays there but I thought it was mostly the government. I didn't expect it would be the people who are against them.  :omg:

Bc it comes from our laws and government even gay ppl esp on government positions has to express certain opinion rather than saying the truth. But in general yes ppl r really homophobic in here.

3 minutes ago, zenden said:

Bc it comes from our laws and government even gay ppl esp on government positions has to express certain opinion rather than saying the truth. But in general yes ppl r really homophobic in here.

And I love you for being on Exhale - a primarily gay dominated forum and being cool. :hugs:

• Like 4

I think some countries like Russia do not educate people about this and it is really difficult to change attitudes without education. I spent some of my childhood growing up in Lithuania before I moved to the UK and I remember how they used to teach us in school to accept everyone. This is why I always had those views. However, the majority of people belonging to the older generation in Lithuania are homophobic because they were conditioned to think this way. It is changing though. Slowly, but changing. While the majority of young people (well everyone I know and I am a straight female) are accepting.

Obviously these numbers are sad though... As long as it is not 100% - not good enough.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:

Here in Chile there still a lot of discrimination towards the LGBTQ+ community and it´s really sad. Even though there are new laws that are appearing lately about protecting LGBTQ+ community, the problem is the people, a lot of them have this Catholic and conservative way of thinking which result in discrimination.

Hope more significant changes happen in the future. Our society is changing in favor of the LGBTQ+ community more now than it was 10 years ago so hope it still doing that way.

I feel you. In Romania it's pretty much the same except the fact that we have the Orthodox, conservative and somehow communist way of thinking.  

Fingers crossed for the best to happen!

Here in the Philippines, homosexuality is just tolerated but not accepted.

The majority (general public) just sees us as tools for entertainment like comedians and cash cows so they act nice to use us. :tiffeyeroll:

They stereotype all the gays as effeminate and parlor owners joining beauty pagaents. :pieceofwhat:

They don't understand the concept of two straight acting guys being inlove. :donewithit:

They dont feel comfortable seeing two gays or two lesbians being affectionate in public. :wontcry:

They make fun of transgenders. :crying1:

They basically look down on us but they pretend to be nice because they need us. :overitkbye:

But of course, we still continue to fight for our rights! We're thankful for progressive organizations supporting the PH LGBT Community. :crying3:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block