Do you think that Britney is aware that those aren't her vocals on BJ/Work *****...?

MyahJeanSpears

I'm just curious. Because she's had to perform WB several hundred times at this point. I wonder if they gave her the head's up before the album listening party with Will I Am and Ryan Seacrest? At the very least she was told/briefed by her PR team to lie and say that she wrote almost every song on the album.

If she is aware, how do you think she personally feels about this? Do you think it was cleared with her before they went ahead and finalized the album, or...? 

Would you be supportive of her re-recording the songs on BJ while on lockdown or do you think she should just move on from the era completely? 

To be honest, I've always thought of Work ***** as a triggering or somewhat sinister/threatening track for her. Certainly one to trigger PTSD for someone who no longer wanted to work in the industry. 

You want a hot body? You want a Bugatti? You want a Maserati? You better work *****.

In a way...that song might be a not so subtle way to taunt her and let her know her place. Making her perform (and promote) a song every night as the opening of her act while being reminded that she basically made a deal with the devil and now she better work (*****)...regardless of whether or not she wants to. And that even if she refuses to lay down vocals for the track, the song will still be made with or without her and she will be forced to sell it either way with someone else's vocals...

Of course this is all allegedly, for entertainment purposes only... Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

Thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the amount of interest that she showed during the Britney Jean era,

I think her team gave her a heads up like maybe Larry or Will I Am told her,

"Britney, I know you're busy preparing for Vegas with the rehearsals and everything but about the album

we really need more takes on the vocals like a couple of re-recordings but if you're busy we could do Plan B.

Plan B is, your background vocal singer would be singing for you since she sounds identical and we could twitch here and there."

and Britney might have responded with "Okay, cool. Yeah, cool." :boredashell:

Or maybe they gave her a heads up but she disagrees with the idea

but has no choice but to abide because of the hectic schedule for Vegas. :crying3:

Just now, BONO Productions said:

If you listen carefully you can tell that it's not her. You can also listen to the acapellas and stems on youtube

It’s autotuned to death, so with the exception of Perfume and Don’t Cry, I’m not sure about any of the songs. Many hear Britney, others hear Myah. Do we have legit proof, like Myah’s name on stems or whatever?

Just now, FreeLou said:

It’s autotuned to death, so with the exception of Perfume and Don’t Cry, I’m not sure about any of the songs. Many hear Britney, others hear Myah. Do we have legit proof, like Myah’s name on stems or whatever?

I believe all the stems are labelled as Myah. 

3 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I believe all the stems are labelled as Myah. 

It’s bad enough she obviously sang lead on some of the songs, but it’s insane if some songs really don’t have any vocals from Britney. How could she possibly be ok with that? :gloriascary:

14 minutes ago, FreeLou said:

It’s bad enough she obviously sang lead on some of the songs, but it’s insane if some songs really don’t have any vocals from Britney. How could she possibly be ok with that? :gloriascary:

Its really inexcusable imo. It goes to show the negligence in making the album. Like there is NO reason that Britney could not record the lyrics for Work *****, in which its mostly her speaking. And Glory proved she was still capable of hitting some nice notes. Its absolutely lazy. And I believe it goes back to the Circus days. I don't believe thats her singing on Lace & Leather, and I don't believe thats her singing on Trouble for Me in FF. To me, it will always be one of the biggest WTF mysteries. The fact that she doesn't sing "I feel the adrenaline moving thru my veins" on Circus pains me to this DAY. 

13 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Its really inexcusable imo. It goes to show the negligence in making the album. Like there is NO reason that Britney could not record the lyrics for Work *****, in which its mostly her speaking. And Glory proved she was still capable of hitting some nice notes. Its absolutely lazy. And I believe it goes back to the Circus days. I don't believe thats her singing on Lace & Leather, and I don't believe thats her singing on Trouble for Me in FF. To me, it will always be one of the biggest WTF mysteries. The fact that she doesn't sing "I feel the adrenaline moving thru my veins" on Circus pains me to this DAY. 

Now that you mentioned it, Trouble For Me DOES sound like it’s 100% Myah. :calculating:

in 2007 she said 'she sounds like me anyways' or something like that so even if she's aware I don't think that she'd give a f considering that she doesn't care about that album (unlike ITZ, BO & Glory: it shows on which songs she choses to perform on POM)

& she already rerecorded that song twice, one for POM the other one for BBMA

Archived