Adele's new album is not coming in September despite her previously saying it was

• Leader

adele.jpg.4ad487b557eff6a4681ee708a2313c6b.jpg

Earlier this year, Adele said her new album would drop in September. Well, a lot has gone down in 2020, and it appears that threw a wrench into the Grammy award winning singer's plans. 

Her manager confirmed the record won't arrive in September. :didilie:

“It isn’t coming in September, it’ll be ready when it’s ready,” he said. “We’re all in the same boat, you’re doing stuff and then all of a sudden, the world stops. It’ll come when it’s ready. I can’t put a date on that yet. We have music, but we’re still working.”

:comingthru: 2020 strikes again. 

Related: 

15 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Ooop is she afraid ‘rona will damage her first week sales? :gagasmile:

I am genuinely interested in what her first album will sound like under Sony. Most expensive record deal for a female artist since Whitney. I think it won’t matter when she releases it, she’s coming for another record opening week.

I think the Rona will be the final straw for Miss Adele. 6+ year hiatus hasn’t done a female vocalist any favors in the past. Not even Barbara Streisand whose been around for decades has had a 6+ year gap. We shall see though 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I think the Rona will be the final straw for Miss Adele. 6+ year hiatus hasn’t done a female vocalist any favors in the past. Not even Barbara Streisand whose been around for decades has had a 6+ year gap. We shall see though 

I feel the same way. I think we'll see a large drop this time. Which doesn't necessarily mean she's over or she's a flop. But there just comes a time when everyone's over the 'hype' and the 'shine' and I believe this is that time. Also, digital sales is practically dead in 2020. And Gen Zs are the streaming kiddos and as if they care for Adele. We're the only ones who F with her. :imacat:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I feel the same way. I think we'll see a large drop this time. Which doesn't necessarily mean she's over or she's a flop. But there just comes a time when everyone's over the 'hype' and the 'shine' and I believe this is that time. Also, digital sales is practically dead in 2020. And Gen Zs are the streaming kiddos and as if they care for Adele. We're the only ones who F with her. :imacat:

Good points, good points. 
Time will tell. On one hand, she always defies the rules. On the other, are people going to be here for another album of ballads? Let’s be real, 21 > 25. She’ll have to bring out the big guns and slay us with her skinny if she wants them coins :tiffanynod:

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Good points, good points. 
Time will tell. On one hand, she always defies the rules. On the other, are people going to be here for another album of ballads? Let’s be real, 21 > 25. She’ll have to bring out the big guns and slay us with her skinny if she wants them coins :tiffanynod:

I’ll be streaming 32 (lbs) :mattafact:

• Haha 3

She also won Women in her 50s and her 60s. 

I guarantee she moved it to November (the holiday season, etc The big sales, her releasing 25 before Thanksgiving actually helped her big time, plus everybody pushed or delayed their music to avoid an unhealthy competition).

Rihanna was supposed to release Anti in November but she knew Not to mess with Adele during the holidays..

Watch November it's here. 

I think 19 is my favorite from her but I LOVED 21...i think everyone did :gagacrash: but for me...25 was a decline. It felt...pushed out in a way? There are some gems of course :brityes: but I have a feeling this album will be a revival for her in a big way. I feel its gonna be bigger than 21 :letitburn: and thats why its being pushed back. 

I like adele, but she's so overrated... like really. I loved 21 though.

she writes great songs and has a unique voice, but imo she's not a great live singer. of course she sings great, but she seems so bored on stage.. for me she's more a cd queen than a live vocalist. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block