People just found out and are shocked to find out, All of Madonna's US Billboard hot 100 #1's are all solo.

Spicechinodiva

People are shocked to find out in 2020 only one act didn't need a feature artist to top the hot 100 at all. 

That is Madonna, oddly until 2008's hard candy, her albums was actually just her only. No outside help at all.

The #1's are

Like a Virgin (1984)

Crazy for you 1985

Live to tell 1986

Papa don't preach 1986

Open your heart 1986

Who's that girl 1987

Like a prayer 1989

Vogue 1990

Justify my love 1990

This used to be my playground 1992

Take a Bow 1995

Music 2000.

No other artist did it all by themselves. 

Britney came close But thx to the S&M remix with Rihanna that took away the second act ever to do it with no help at all.

So I stan an artist that basically waited until she realized radio wouldn't play her without a younger act. 

Congrats empress. Take a bow indeed. ray of light madonna GIF

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ElToxico said:

So she hasn't made good music in 20 years?

the tea drama GIF by WWE

I wouldn't say that. 

This is a woman, who gets to do her own A&R, Be her own executive producer and etc. She literally fought to be in control of everything her image, Her music. 

She's been in charge since day one when she signed her record deal with Sire records 38 years ago. 

On 6/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, Stefani said:

Take A Bow shouldn't even count as a "solo" song considering that Babyface sang like half of the song.

And don't say that it was just background vocals either because his voice was as loud as Madonna's. :umomg:

He's credited as a background vocals and warner marketed as a Madonna song. 

Archived