Katy Perry released a new remix of “Daisies" for LGBTQ Pride

10pm24

I think its cool but it kinda demeans the song. The song is a staple of the time and a kinda conversation with someones bisexuality within that years time(sexuality wasn't as fliud). As a gay man i relate to first kissing a guy and it feeling right and it feeling wrong as well because society had put that shame in my head. So i'm not sure if it does more good than harm. We don''t wanna scrub clean history from culture just because artist might think it's better for PR. 

I do understand that Katy is not bisexual but i think the song helped make it ok here in America to be along with Glee and etc. 

3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I didn’t say homosexuality specifically, I meant sexuality in general. I’m talking about people who are trying to figure out their sexuality. Like maybe it’s a woman who’s always dated men, but is curious about women, but doesn’t know if she’d actually be into them or not in practice. So then she tries different things with women to figure out if she actually is bi or not. I think that’s the experimentation that Katy was referring to in the song.

It was a joke. I’m not offended by the lyrics and don’t think they should’ve been changed. It was referring to people picking and choosing what’s right and what isn’t. What is cancellable and what isn’t. Like there are users who cancel others for saying racist remarks when they were 15 and have apologized for yet stan and defend Cardi B who drugged and stole money from men in the past AND constantly uses the n word aside from not being black. She has African ancestry and is an “Afro Latina” yet she’s not viewed as black by these same people offended by everything. You think I’m really bothered by I Kissed a Girl’s lyrics? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Popgoesthefeezel said:

I’d also like a full apology to Britney before the album release. 

I’d actually like her to apologise not only for the red carpet moment but also for belittling Britney’s contribution to her career and all her comments throughout the years :outwithit: But that’s not gonna happen cuz Britney doesn’t come for her wig like Taylor did :ohi:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stefani said:

Okay, but is she also gonna apologize for Ur So Gay, her shade towards the Alejandro video, her comments about Britney's mental breakdown, etc? 

I think she did apologise for Ur So Gay when she won an award for something about LGBTQ rights in Witness era :katycry:  Nothing for the Britney case tho :icant2:

UPDATE:

She released it with the music video on YouTube 

Edit: Apparently there’s no lyrics change and I’ll consider seeing an ear doctor after all this Corona mess :jl: Also it turns out that the remix is not for I Kissed A Girl but for Daisies with a greatest hits touch. I never failed so much in my life especially not on my second thread :jl:

34 minutes ago, 10pm24 said:

UPDATE:

She released it with the music video on YouTube 

Edit: Apparently there’s no lyrics change and I’ll consider seeing an ear doctor after all this Corona mess :jl: Also it turns out that the remix is not for I Kissed A Girl but for Daisies with a greatest hits touch. I never failed so much in my life especially not on my second thread :jl:

Of course Katy would upload her remix the same day Britney does... 😒

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block