Apology for the Slave 4 U / Black Lives Matter topic

• Leader
22 minutes ago, joe sp said:

I love how Jordan is more mature and humble lately :mimiclap:

Appreciate that.Β 

If I tout myself as a community leader, then it's important to flex vulnerability. That includes apologizing, which is pretty tough. Especially to 100k-200k people. I still am being dragged on social media and here, but I know it comes with the territory of what I do. A valuable lesson I've learned after doing this for 16 years. On and up, as they say. πŸ™ Thank you to those that stuck by, and to the ones that left I understand.

Β 

7 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

I share my story about how I got attacked for the color of my skin and U tell me people are oppressed for their white skin

do u really, honestly, like I’m genuinely asking I’m not trying to be snarky or be rude

u really think it’s equal? On both sidesΒ 

also u should look up what N_____ means because it does not have equal meanings and value to crackerΒ 

white people were never enslaved BEATEN ***** violently Attacked and traded while being called crackerΒ 

and that’s a fact Β Β Β 

obama was your president for 8 years you say that racism hss been around for ages yet not a single soul was pritesting and destroying what seems to be someone elses source of bread...

and stealing luis viton bags? hows that gonna prove your point?

2pac was protesting for much more evident raxisim in the 80s and the 90s but none came up and support him and now you play his songs on your so called protests?

Beyonce is telling you to go out and vote and speak your mind about the black lives matter but is she or any other high class celebrity going out? NO

there is a global pandemic and people are dying every ******* day and you decide to gather in thousands to protest your right which you most clearly have but this is another tools to bring Trump down? WhenΒ in fact the recomednations to avoid spreading the virus are stay away from mass gathering since the virus is spreading in ratio 1:6?

SO TELL ME WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO STAY ALIVE OR TO STEAL A GUCCI OR LUIS VITON BAG TO SHOW PROTEST THAT YOUR AFROAMERICAN RIGHTS HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED?

im not republican nor democrat FYI

• Like 1
On 6/25/2020 at 9:32 AM, Marcanthony said:

Never be afraid to ask questions. NEVER.

That's how we learn.

Him simply asking the question, wasn't the biggest problem imo. What I had a problem with was heΒ clearly indicated in the initial postΒ that he felt the song was problematic, had references to slavery in America, and insinuated thatΒ it should be removed from her catalog like Gaga did with one of hers. He then tried to walk back thoseΒ comments and claim that people were taking it out of context and that he didn't insinuate those things when he clearly did.Β 

However, I don't have any lingering feelings about the situation and think taking down the thread and apologizing was the right move. While I thought it should have happened hours earlier (Not after it got featured number one on the site, and promoted across platforms after people tried telling him how distasteful it was), I can still appreciate the apology and hope it is used as a lesson going forward.Β 

• Like 3
  • Content Curators
19 minutes ago, mfanbs said:

obama was your president for 8 years you say that racism hss been around for ages yet not a single soul was pritesting and destroying what seems to be someone elses source of bread...

and stealing luis viton bags? hows that gonna prove your point?

2pac was protesting for much more evident raxisim in the 80s and the 90s but none came up and support him and now you play his songs on your so called protests?

Beyonce is telling you to go out and vote and speak your mind about the black lives matter but is she or any other high class celebrity going out? NO

there is a global pandemic and people are dying every ******* day and you decide to gather in thousands to protest your right which you most clearly have but this is another tools to bring Trump down? WhenΒ in fact the recomednations to avoid spreading the virus are stay away from mass gathering since the virus is spreading in ratio 1:6?

SO TELL ME WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO STAY ALIVE OR TO STEAL A GUCCI OR LUIS VITON BAG TO SHOW PROTEST THAT YOUR AFROAMERICAN RIGHTS HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED?

im not republican nor democrat FYI

I really don’t know what the hell you are yelling at me for?Β 
me and @PuertoRicosFinestΒ were having a peaceful conversation about our deferring opinions and it was not even about the black lives matter protestsΒ 

I wasn’t even on that topic about looting and all so ur comment makes zero sense buddyΒ 

I personally don’t even agree with the stealing and looting so idk what you assuming about meΒ 

also if you think people were not upset that a black president was coming into power u are so uneducated it is sadΒ 

Β 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

Here's my issue with your apology, it's that you've missed the point of why some people were actuallyΒ mad.

Britney was only a small portion of that.

The biggest problem with your original thread was that you equated slavery solely with black peopleΒ (Which you haven't apologized for and was the only thing you needed to apologize for).

If you genuinely want to be sensitive to the BLM movement you have this platform! Use it to report the positive things going on with the movement instead of furthering cancel culture (I know you didn't like it when the tables turned on you).

If you want to keep it music related, report on artists supporting the movement.

Β 

There's literally a bunch of different ways you could have supported and been sensitive to BLM, instead of making something out of nothing.

Β 

Β 

Perfectly stated.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, EasyThere said:

Do you even listen to yourself ?

White people get targetedΒ Β :sponge:

Β 

Racism toward white people doesn't exist. Will never exist. And it was never and it will never be a thing. You are a perfect example of white entitlement. And you literally sound like Karen. Hence why you are defending them Karen's.

Β 

Sincerely. EeasyThere,a WHITE PERSON

Oyy no, factually wrongΒ :wontcry:Β 

Racism- "hatred or intolerance towards another race or races"

Hatred and intolerance towards white people exist in DROVES. It is one of the most pervasive forms of racism in 2020, encouraged by nearly the entire mainstream media and the entire western left.

• Like 5
On 6/26/2020 at 7:35 AM, EasyThere said:

Do you even listen to yourself ?

White people get targetedΒ Β :sponge:

Β 

Racism toward white people doesn't exist. Will never exist. And it was never and it will never be a thing. You are a perfect example of white entitlement. And you literally sound like Karen. Hence why you are defending them Karen's.

Β 

Sincerely. EeasyThere,a WHITE PERSON

Actually there were MILLIONS of European Christians enslaved by Muslims in North Africa. AllΒ races haveΒ experienced racism and almost all have endured slavery too.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

I wasn't talking about slavery. There is no such thing as racism towards white people in modern times. There is hatred towards them from people that experienced racist **** from white people.Β 

So slavery isn’t racism?

You said it’s never been a thing for white people and never will be. That is what I responded to and disproved.Β 

3 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

Most of the time white ppl were slaves was for reasons that have nothing to do with color of their skin aka racism. And I was obviously referring to current times. Not past. My wording wasn't the best.

With all due respect, these types of comments are extremely damagingΒ and incite even more hatred for white people. And it’s not even based in any truth or backed by facts.Β 

• Like 4

I have a new one for ya Mr. Cuomo!!

TheΒ title of β€œserver” in restaurants... Sounds a bit too much like a servant to me. The termΒ should be canceled and removed from society immediately!!! Just like calling the β€œbig bedroom” in a houseΒ theΒ Β β€œmaster bedroom”. It’s all gotta go!

• Haha 1