Apology for the Slave 4 U / Black Lives Matter topic

I think its really really cool. I didn't even dare to read the original topic but it's actually a good lesson for everyone to learn to "apologize". No one is ever right 100% of the time and it takes a huge person to admit when they are wrong which i never see on these forums. If you are never wrong then also how do you ever learn and grow? Being humble is a super rare virtue. I think it demonstrates how strong your character really is!

10 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Ppl have been "cancelled" for less by other stan bases. So let's not.

And mhm kay "Mr. I am offended by a song recorded 20 years ago,that has nothing to do with glorifying of slavery."

Did I say that I was personally offended by the song?

No.

Did I wonder if the song was offensive to Black people who were educated about how systemic racism is perpetuated?

Yes.

That's the opposite of being a "Karen." That's called attempting to be a good ally.

Not only are you using the term "Karen" in the opposite way that it is intended, but you're being unnecessarily rude.

Plus, you seem to care more about Britney's reputation than anything in this conversation. 

That's the exact reason why "the left" can never make any substantial progress on these issues. Congrats, you ******* idiot. :deserves:

21 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Hey Exhale, I apologize for that post.

I posed the question about possibly halting Slave 4 U performances because in my mind I felt like I was being sensitive towards the BLM movement. I see now why it came off like I was trying to cancel the song and cancel Britney.

I love Britney and have nothing but respect for her. I built a career in-part thanks to her and I’m very grateful. I made a mistake. Hope you guys can forgive me. 🙏 However, if you can’t I understand too and will work hard to earn your respect back.
slave.jpg.ce0c2e9e1a5f168da8d4e6af561fd7ce.jpg

Regardless, stuff like this is why Trump is going to win 2020. Hate it or not. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
18 hours ago, jokobish said:

I just thought it was mainly insensitive to the BLM movement .. it may seem like the BLM movement is only about canceling ppl for their racist remarks/ actions, but it’s way deeper than that and all the canceling is distracting from the big picture. 

Is it though? Because I’m seeing the world get worse not better because of this movement. Racial tensions rising, white ladies being followed by groups of men with cameras and called Karens repeatedly until they freak out and have their lives destroyed, physical damage done to personal property, us vs them mentalities that are splitting communities that once thrived in diversity.  People getting killed during protests, cops being attacked.

At best I think it really is just an off-shoot of cancel culture with BET flavored corporate branding and no clear vision except victimhood and misplaced anger.  They’re literally jumping on anything and everything with the hopes that it validates the drama being manufactured by politicians that need to energize identity groups they rely on for a vote.  

• Like 1

I still love you Jordan. People are really sensitive about everything these days, especially with the insane amount of injustice we have been seeing lately... and while we are in the midst of social unrest, it’s not hard to find yourself in hot water over seemingly harmless comments or questions. 
which brings me to Cancel Culture. I do not agree with it at all... some people want to write you off, and while their intentions may be noble for standing up for what they believe in, cancel culture perpetuates the idea that people are incapable of change, growth, understanding, or worthy of a second chance... what kind of message is this sending? And what does it say about us as people? EVERYONE at one time or another has said or done something either out of ignorance, misunderstandings, or lack of information, and thankfully most people get the opportunity to grow without being canceled. 
Just try to be the best you that you can possibly be. We all need to be kinder to one another. ❤️😘 

I can see for some reason my comment is not sitting well for some. Why? I have no Idea. Jordan made a post apologizing for a post he regretted making. I forgive him because I don’t believe his intentions were coming from a bad place. You don’t have to, and you don’t have to agree with me. I said what I said, and maybe you think that means that I stand for something else altogether? At the end of the day, I’m trying to spread some love to everyone here in Exhale. It’s Pride month, we should be celebrating our differences and everything that makes us great, because we are resilient and we are in the process of changing the world. We’ll get this done a lot easier together, we should be lifting each other up, not finding reasons to cancel each other or tear each other down. Our voices are louder collectively, not from 20 different sides screaming into the void. I love you guys, let’s not return to EXHELL.... 

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
30 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Is it though? Because I’m seeing the world get worse not better because of this movement. Racial tensions rising, white ladies being followed by groups of men with cameras and called Karens repeatedly until they freak out and have their lives destroyed, physical damage done to personal property, us vs them mentalities that are splitting communities that once thrived in diversity.  People getting killed during protests, cops being attacked.

At best I think it really is just an off-shoot of cancel culture with BET flavored corporate branding and no clear vision except victimhood and misplaced anger.  They’re literally jumping on anything and everything with the hopes that it validates the drama being manufactured by politicians that need to energize identity groups they rely on for a vote.  

What are u going on about? U mean the videos of white women going up to people telling them to go back to their own countries or calling people the n word or being stuck and making assumptions off of color 

like????

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
28 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

Yeah poor entitled Karen's and their crocodile tears when they got owned for being nasty ville human beings. Ppl are getting shot on the streets for literally nothing. But boohoo  poor Karen's for getting fired and dragged for being racists,disgusting,nasty,ville entitled human being. 

Its says a lot about that member,and his life views if that's the thing he is most concerned about. Especially in discussion like this. Who cares if ppl are being ********. Poor Karen's,poor Targets propery with their Miley million insurance in case of robbery,pollution etc.

I do love how this thread exposed Trumpsters,and borderline to full blown racists.

Exhale was not at all like this when I first joined 

idk what’s going on 

i guess this quarantine is making a few people go loca shakira GIF

• Like 3

tbh I think there's a place for a conversation about Slave and its implications. Especially having in mind the drama with Shea and someone saying a white drag queen should whip a black queen during the present #BLM protests to the song.

I'm sure Britney loves the song, it's a **** song that could've easily been a Janet song, Pharrell worked on it and it's one of the most important songs for her legacy. But there is a reason why Janet didn't use it, a black woman singing about being a slave after having released albums that tackled racism and inequality would've looked awful. Britney as a white icon could release it and not really face any issues with the slave context. Even with the context of #FreeBritney we could interpret Britney being a slave to her current handlers, earning them money and that could be the reason why she's loved performing it: maybe she likes saying the quiet part out loud under the pretense of her just performing one of her songs.

I don't think it's problematic myself, but I can see how people could argue it is.

• Like 1
On 6/24/2020 at 9:38 PM, Jordan Miller said:

Hey Exhale, I apologize for that post.

I posed the question about possibly halting Slave 4 U performances because in my mind I felt like I was being sensitive towards the BLM movement. I see now why it came off like I was trying to cancel the song and cancel Britney.

I love Britney and have nothing but respect for her. I built a career in-part thanks to her and I’m very grateful. I made a mistake. Hope you guys can forgive me. 🙏 However, if you can’t I understand too and will work hard to earn your respect back.
slave.jpg.ce0c2e9e1a5f168da8d4e6af561fd7ce.jpg

Here's my issue with your apology, it's that you've missed the point of why some people were actually mad.

Britney was only a small portion of that.

The biggest problem with your original thread was that you equated slavery solely with black people (Which you haven't apologized for and was the only thing you needed to apologize for).

If you genuinely want to be sensitive to the BLM movement you have this platform! Use it to report the positive things going on with the movement instead of furthering cancel culture (I know you didn't like it when the tables turned on you).

If you want to keep it music related, report on artists supporting the movement.

There's literally a bunch of different ways you could have supported and been sensitive to BLM, instead of making something out of nothing.

7 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Are you being serious ? 

Those racists rats do deserve to have their lives destroyed !! The fact you are defending them is disgusting.

And if you are worries about the way ppl are protesting and not why they are protesting. Then honey you are part of the reason as well.

6 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

What are u going on about? U mean the videos of white women going up to people telling them to go back to their own countries or calling people the n word or being stuck and making assumptions off of color 

like????

https://www.rt.com/usa/492800-karlos-dillard-suspended-twitter-karen-video/

Was this right? Targeting someone on race for a traffic violation?  The woman is having a mental breakdown and he’s tormenting her and attempts to ruin her entire life by following her home to get that sweet juicy viral video of a Karen in the wild.  She’s having a panic attack and he’s basking in it because he can now jump on the bandwagon.  

Victimhood is a currency to the BLM movement.  They’re finally accomplishing what Jussie Smollet and the Native American drumming in the high school kids face set out to do.  But instead of hiring Africans to fake hate crimes, or lying to the media on a victim tour lying on the news, they’re repurposing mentally ill white women and amplifying micro-aggressions on social media to make the case of systemic victimhood.  

The guy from this video is now selling Karen t-shirts after the ordeal.  After bullying her into a panic attack without any proof that what she did was racist (he never repeats the N-word part of the story when getting corroboration from witnesses about the traffic violation), he’s now profiteering from someone’s mental health breakdown.  Whose the villain here?

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Was this right? Targeting someone on race for a traffic violation?  The woman is having a mental breakdown and he’s tormenting her and attempts to ruin her entire life by following her home to get that sweet juicy viral video of a Karen in the wild.  She’s having a panic attack and he’s basking in it because he can now jump on the bandwagon.  

Victimhood is a currency to the BLM movement.  They’re finally accomplishing what Jussie Smollet and the Native American drumming in the high school kids face set out to do.  But instead of hiring Africans to fake hate crimes, or lying to the media on a victim tour lying on the news, they’re repurposing mentally ill white women and amplifying micro-aggressions on social media to make the case of systemic victimhood.  

The guy from this video is now selling Karen t-shirts after the ordeal.  After bullying her into a panic attack without any proof that what she did was racist (he never repeats the N-word part of the story when getting corroboration from witnesses about the traffic violation), he’s now profiteering from someone’s mental health breakdown.  Whose the villain here?

Well I don’t know about this case but u can’t just generalize like I know u have seen this videos of those white women being disgusting towards other People 

I am Indian and was 12 and was walking around Boston with my family and this drunk white lady came up to us and started screaming about us being terrorists and stuff just really rude things 

so I’m not going to be told that doesn’t happen 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Well I don’t know about this case but u can’t just generalize like I know u have seen this videos of those white women being disgusting towards other People 

I am Indian and was 12 and was walking around Boston with my family and this drunk white lady came up to us and started screaming about us being terrorists and stuff just really rude things 

so I’m not going to be told that doesn’t happen 

It happens on both sides.  White people get targeted for their skin color too. And it’s not always verbal.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/06/21/macys-says-employee-attacked-by-black-man-never-said-the-nword-n2571032

This is a hate crime, but since whites are not a protected class it will not be prosecuted as such.  And it happens more often than the other way around, statistically speaking. 

The N word is circulating in everyone’s lives, black and white, everyday in music movies comedy tv and real life.  If a drunk white woman gets mad and repeats it, is that really enough to end her life in society? If we’re all equal, should one race get special privilege to discriminate against another? There’s a movie coming out called cracka.  Why is this okay? 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8451181/Upcoming-movie-Cracka-imagines-America-whites-enslaved.html

could you imagine if it was a movie called “N——“? There’s a lot of racial bias across all races.  It won’t get solved unless we stop treating certain races with kid gloves as if they’re lesser than others and should receive lower expectations.

17 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

That video... :lostney: Had to stop after 2 minutes. Way to abuse the cause. 

• Content Curators
24 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

It happens on both sides.  White people get targeted for their skin color too. And it’s not always verbal.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/06/21/macys-says-employee-attacked-by-black-man-never-said-the-nword-n2571032

This is a hate crime, but since whites are not a protected class it will not be prosecuted as such.  And it happens more often than the other way around, statistically speaking. 

The N word is circulating in everyone’s lives, black and white, everyday in music movies comedy tv and real life.  If a drunk white woman gets mad and repeats it, is that really enough to end her life in society? If we’re all equal, should one race get special privilege to discriminate against another? There’s a movie coming out called cracka.  Why is this okay? 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8451181/Upcoming-movie-Cracka-imagines-America-whites-enslaved.html

could you imagine if it was a movie called “N——“? There’s a lot of racial bias across all races.  It won’t get solved unless we stop treating certain races with kid gloves as if they’re lesser than others and should receive lower expectations.

I share my story about how I got attacked for the color of my skin and U tell me people are oppressed for their white skin

do u really, honestly, like I’m genuinely asking I’m not trying to be snarky or be rude

u really think it’s equal? On both sides 

also u should look up what N_____ means because it does not have equal meanings and value to cracker 

white people were never enslaved BEATEN ***** violently Attacked and traded while being called cracker 

and that’s a fact    

15 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

I share my story about how I got attacked for the color of my skin and U tell me people are oppressed for their white skin

do u really, honestly, like I’m genuinely asking I’m not trying to be snarky or be rude

u really think it’s equal? On both sides 

also u should look up what N_____ means because it does not have equal meanings and value to cracker 

white people were never enslaved BEATEN ***** violently Attacked and traded while being called cracker 

and that’s a fact    

Actually they were white slaves in America.  Irish were slaves, British were slaves here too.  You have a very myopic view of history if you think blacks were the only slaves in America.  And throughout history Europeans were slaves.  The Moors took over Spain and had European slaves.  And there are African slaves in Libya right now thanks to Obama getting Ghadafi killed, but you don’t see blacks up in arms about actual slavery today.  They’re more concerned with the slavery hundreds of years ago that benefits their self-interest as they campaign for reparations.

• Like 4
  • Content Curators
Just now, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Actually they were white slaves in America.  Irish were slaves, British were slaves here too.  You have a very myopic view of history if you think blacks were the only slaves in America.  And throughout history Europeans were slaves.  The Moors took over Spain and had European slaves.  And there are African slaves in Libya right now thanks to Obama getting Ghadafi killed, but you don’t see blacks up in arms about actual slavery today.  They’re more concerned with the slavery hundreds of years ago that benefits their self-interest as they campaign for reparations.

Systematic racism is very much a thing of today’s society 

and um no I know history and know about the Irish and all but they weren’t nearly enough compared to black people and there’s no denying that

black people were seen as inferior and thousands and thousands were enslaved 

Like what are u trying to deny here

• Like 1