Kesha covers "Children of the Revolution": listen

• Leader

kesha.jpg.4477dbdff9e81f507a98ed0b448d81fc.jpg

Before his death earlier this year, Saturday Night Live music producer Hal Willner was working on a tribute album dedicated to the music of glam gods T. Rex and their late frontman Marc Bolan. The project, out later this summer, features Father John Misty, Joan Jett, U2 with Elton John, Kesha and more.

Kesha's cover of "Children of the Revolution" is available to stream now. 

As StereoGum points out, legandary MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer plays on the song, as do drummer Pete Thomas and bassist Davey Faragher, Elvis Costello’s longtime rhythm section. 

On the cover, Kesha transforms the song into a howling, free-falling anthem. It's been a minute since we've heard anything new from Kesha, so this is a real treat.

Check it out below. Thoughts, Exhale? Like Kesha's rendition? 

4 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

There’s no denying she has talent. However, I prefer the dirty, trashy, party girl Ke$ha 

2f400c8ea4b4fc14377bdaea47b774a4.gif

“Kinky” on her new album had potential to give us old Kesha, but the final product fell short, the conversation at the beginning is not needed, and the song wasn’t mixed properly. It sounds like she recorded it in a jar of peanut butter 

BUT stream kinky to show support

25 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

“Kinky” on her new album had potential to give us old Kesha, but the final product fell short, the conversation at the beginning is not needed, and the song wasn’t mixed properly. It sounds like she recorded it in a jar of peanut butter 

BUT stream kinky to show support

Raising Hell also gave me slight old Ke$ha vibes... no where’s near enough though :kyliecry:

6 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Raising Hell also gave me slight old Ke$ha vibes... no where’s near enough though :kyliecry:

I think the label purposely didn’t master her album. Every single song had potential if it didn’t sound like it was recorded underwater 

justice for Kesha :wontcry:

• Like 1

It's a very good cover although I wouldn't call it a rendition since it sticks closely to the original. She was serving some Janis Joplin and Dana Fuchs stylings though. Perhaps she should lean into more of a glam rock or a bluesy roots rock for her next work. I'm kinda over her doing the dance beats with banal rebellious lyrics. We already have iconic songs from her in that style, I want something else from her. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block