Why Xtina was wearing that pins after the VMA?

YannFrance

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought it was shade.  She was VERY pressed after the VMA’s.  I guess she thought she would be just as talked about afterwards seeing as she was Britney’s “rival” and they finally did something together.  But...she wasn’t.  She was like a third wheel.  She talked MAD **** about Britney and Madonna afterwards, most notably in Blender magazine where she talked about how annoyed she was that Britney and Madonna were both lip-syncing and she was the only one singing live.  She did everything in her power, after the fact, to make herself seem like the most authentic, important, person on the stage after she was over-looked by the vast majority of the media.  When in reality, it was a tribute to Madonna.  She completely missed the point of the performance and this era for her, despite being her musical peak, was atrocious in regards to her attitude.

At that time, there was alot of celebrities saying they slept with another celeb to create drama and and get attention. Eminem and Fred Durst is an example of that. Christina wanted to do the same thing by mocking Britney. It did not work and literally nobody talked about it lol

I love Xtina but let's be real now. She is a clone of Britney. She was literally created by RCA to compete with Britney. She was molded in Britney's image, but with an R&B twist. Her entire peak era had a lot of gimmicks that were about/like/created after/chasing Britney.

This simple and seemingly 'harmless' pin is no different. :mattafact:

2 hours ago, G-unit said:

I always thought it was shade.  She was VERY pressed after the VMA’s.  I guess she thought she would be just as talked about afterwards seeing as she was Britney’s “rival” and they finally did something together.  But...she wasn’t.  She was like a third wheel.  She talked MAD **** about Britney and Madonna afterwards, most notably in Blender magazine where she talked about how annoyed she was that Britney and Madonna were both lip-syncing and she was the only one singing live.  She did everything in her power, after the fact, to make herself seem like the most authentic, important, person on the stage after she was over-looked by the vast majority of the media.  When in reality, it was a tribute to Madonna.  She completely missed the point of the performance and this era for her, despite being her musical peak, was atrocious in regards to her attitude.

I love Christina and even I agree with all of this. Glad she’s in a better place now. 

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I love Xtina but let's be real now. She is a clone of Britney. She was literally created by RCA to compete with Britney. She was molded in Britney's image, but with an R&B twist. Her entire peak era had a lot of gimmicks that were about/like/created after/chasing Britney.

And this is why I don't stan CA1 :jj: so now you know :queenflopga:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

5 hours ago, YannFrance said:

Oh yes, i remember that too. That was quite rude to say..

that was true though :jl: they barely danced + the songs were easy to sing :jl: but I don't think that people remembered anything in general despite the kisses :jl: I guess that she was mad to be forgotten on the most controversial VMA performance 

btw, even though she looked smoking hot, she went way too far with tanning :jl: she's blacker than  :jj:

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

She was molded in Britney's image, but with an R&B twist. Her entire peak era had a lot of gimmicks that were about/like/created after/chasing Britney.

her peak era isn't really 'stripped' for me :awww: Back to basics was her peak artistically, physically, in terms of performing, and singing (ain't no other man is almost impossible to sing, I've seen a lot of covers and most of them went completely out of key/breathe/messy after the first note :wonka:), the tour was so original, and she brought back with Amy Winehouse retro & jazz to mainstream music. her grammy performance of 'this is a man's world' showed her insane vocal abilities. I'm mad at her for publishing only 3 singles with a double-disc album. that era was too short. 

stripped was very different in terms of sonorities, voice, style & subjects evoked are widely different from Britney's first 3 albums. dirrty/S4U + fighter/stronger though. in terms of style & performing she was also extremely different from Britney (notice how she never performs without a classic mic in her hands). 

saying that she is a clone of Britney is a huge reach. I've seen performances from both, and they're too different to even be compared. only their first eras can be comparable, but once again, they were teens. she wasted her whole talent after B2B & Burlesque, by proposing weak eras with weak identities.

7 hours ago, G-unit said:

Madonna sang live though. It’s evident by how bad she sounded. As usual, just Britney lip synched. Christina’s gripe was that Madonna supposedly assured her everyone was singing live beforehand.

2 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Madonna sang live though. It’s evident by how bad she sounded. As usual, just Britney lip synched. Christina’s gripe was that Madonna supposedly assured her everyone was singing live beforehand.

Xtina revealed Britney sang live in rehearsals tho.

10 hours ago, G-unit said:

Not only she was overshadowed during her performance with Britney and Madonna, she also performed by herself that same show and nobody noticed :imacat:

A kiss overshadowed her two performances :bcut:

Rumor has it, Beyoncé performed that night too :jl:

Archived