3 - Liar

Overall rate: 8.748

giphy.gif

Lowest rate: 5/10

Highest rate: 11/10 (x3)

Comments:

- Should have been a single instead of Make Me

- I like the song and lyrics and melody but the vocal production isn't on point

- It's a great song, but it is a 'Britney' album song, it's dated.

- This would score a bit higher if the production was cleaned up. Otherwise, a pretty good direction for her. Strong vocals and a standout album track.

- A missed opportunity. It could've had a toxic/womanizer video and it'd be iconic already. It's so catchy since the very first listen. I really think it'd so well, it's pure pop and everything the GP want from Britney.

- Love the fact this is very different from other stuff she has ever done.

- Such a good, angry song! You can feel the emotion, and her vocals are on fire, especially the hidden vocals. Country aspect too is nice.

- Really could've stayed the chart

- AMAZING!!! This song is so so good, I get my life to it all the time, it literally sounds like a single, it's a shame it never was! I love the harmonica, the whole Wild Western Vibe and the whole '**** you'' attitude of the whole song.

Sad Britney Spears GIF

• Haha 2
Just now, TheoDoor said:

I kinda agree and I kind don't .. I feel like sometimes our judgement is a bit biased but how we feel about some songs... looking back I wish I would not have voted for Criminal when they did a poll with Inside Out and Forgetful Drop Dead (even though I like the music video treatment) :surething:

i was so confused that criminal won because on tumblr all the fans praised and raved about was inside out so i was sure that was going to be next

• Like 2
1 minute ago, dbagswag said:

i was so confused that criminal won because on tumblr all the fans praised and raved about was inside out so i was sure that was going to be next

Yeah... I can understand though... it took some time for Inside Out to grow on me. I think Criminal on the first listen is easy to find catchy but Inside Out is a more interesting and complex song. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TheoDoor said:

I kinda agree and I kind don't .. I feel like sometimes our judgement is a bit biased but how we feel about some songs... looking back I wish I would not have voted for Criminal when they did a poll with Inside Out and Forgetful Drop Dead (even though I like the music video treatment) :surething:

i mean they can decide the first 2 then let the fans decide the succeeding ones, as was the case with Break the Ice, IUSA, and I Wanna Go. Criminal was only chosen because they limited the choices to 3 not only you and me. that's kinda like a culture in Britney's fandom that they decide to discontinue once she was with RCA. who cares when Perfume and SP flopped, they should have released more singles because Brinty is no Xtincta :didilie:

Just now, Slayer said:

IN 2ND PLACE IS......

Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

Overall rate: 9.154

tenor.gif?itemid=14642583

Lowest rate: 5.5/10

Highest rate: 11/10 (x3)

Comments: 

- I can't believe not only that it wasn't a single, but that this isn't even on the regular album but on the deluxe!! Who's is responsible for this??? They don't deserve their job for the mistreatment of this production masterpiece.

- SO GOOD!

- Super fun. Had single potential. Again, better than some of the standard tracks

- Sorry, never got the hype around this song. It's just a filler for me.

- Should have been a single!

- Such a good song, so different to what we are used to. Also how can we not like Latina Brit?

- Initially I wasn't too crazy about this track but the more I listen to it the more I came to love it and now I think it is my favourite of the album's bonus tracks. 

- The latina vibes in this track make it super unique and it's really catchy at the same time. When Britney's backing vocals and adlibs come in on the last chorus, it adds another layer of pleasure to and already bopping jam.

- This put the sass in Glory

...AND IN 1ST PLACE YOUR WINNER IS:

MOOD RING!

OVERALL RATE: 9.343

tumblr_pi9sedEmvb1w48wlho2_500.gifv

So not only was this song number one on iTunes but it is also number one on this Glory Megarate! :makeitrain:

Lowest rate: 2/10

Highest rate: 11/10 (x7)

Comments:

- Glad they gave us a 'single' even if it's just a money thing

- Another wasted opportunity on yet another good direction. Mature and contemporary sleek bop. The fact it still sounds good after 4 years is a testament to what Team B squandered.

- I don't really care for this song, although I did like an 80s remix a user uploaded.

- Absolute MASTERPIECE, moody and ****. Stanned since 2016, so happy I can stream it properly now and not on youtube. The lyrics are so good, her voice is amazing and should have been a big hit if it had better promo.

- Britney on an urban track with really dark, slick production and a strong melody is my favourite sound of hers. Mood Ring encapsulates that vibe perfectly and it's resurgence has made me appreciate it so much. SO GOOD. Vocal performance is also really stellar here.

- How was this not the lead single? I will never get it...

Valid points for both. I never talk to other Britney fans anymore so I don't know the consensus but I'm glad that others agree that Change Your Mind was robbed of the respect it deserved

• Love 4

Omg mood ring deserves it :makeitrain:

Now because Britney taught us all how to be fearless here's my ratings

Also don't come at me for my laziness giving some the same score and not being creative with the decimals :teigen:

Plus in hindsight it looks like I've rated glory pretty low overall but I promise you I stan glory :kiss:

Screenshot_20200705-214848_Samsung Notes.jpg

Here’s mine:

18: Clumsy ~ 5.5

17: Private Show ~ 6

16: Invitation ~ 7

15: Man On The Moon ~ 7.5

14: Just Like Me ~ 7.6

13: Hard To Forget Ya ~ 7.9

12: If I’m Dancing ~ 8

11: DYWCO ~ 8.3

10: Better ~ 8.4 

9: Make Me ~ 8.7