Justin Bieber is suing the fans who claim he ******** abused them

He has to be careful, because he is creating a precedent for other individuals to do the same. I do think that it actually makes him look like he wants to intimidate the alleged victims, instead of clearing his name - the 10 million dollars claimed are also not going to help. So, I don't know who suggested him to do that, but I don't think he should bury himself in court cases that can last years.

I've watched the #MeToo movement evolve in the past few years, and I realized that we never truly addressed why these predators act or may have acted this way... It's like we avoid the root of the issue everytime. I strongly believe that generations of men have been raised to be "The Man", toxic, aggressive, and assertive. A man that does not have to answer to the consequences of their actions and that have been brainwashed into thinking that they must "lead" the pack. All these characteristics have somehow generated a copious amount of aggressivity in the way men have been raised for generations, and it's also something that has been validated by generations of father figures.

So my question is: why are we not dismantling toxic masculinity? Why are we not tackling this issue for future generations and take the time to reeducate men's relationship with emotions and dealing with anger and violence in all its form?

Sometimes, I look back at my teen years, and try to compute the amount of things I've heard my dad say, and guys in my secondary school say about women. Also, the amount of ****** violence I've seen in secondary school, you could clear out entire floors and offices of men with cancel culture. Heck, you could wipe entire countries of men for perpetuating violence.

I'm gay, and people knew before I did that I was. I was bullied a lot in high school. Lots and lots of ******* psychological and emotional violence from straight guys towards me. Also, some straight girls would also bully me. I hated these people for the longest time, and struggled with my self-esteem also for the longest time due to this. I still have flashbacks and I do have a hard time with the way people see me, when they look at me.Β  I always wanted reparations until recently, until I understood that they were only teenagers, and they were ****** stupid like I was. Also, at least for the men who were bullying me, I realized that this was also linked to toxic masculinity. This obsession that man have to prove that they are powerful and above everything else... It's a sad and ugly truth, but countless amounts of men were raised with an idea that a man is best seen as a predator. Obviously, it's not said that way, but it is what it is. They did not have a say in that.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block