It's 2020 and Elton John is still throwing shade at Madonna

• Leader

Elton John and Madonna's feud(?) goes way back. I presumed they resolved their issues over the years, but Elton just reignited the tension by complementing Rina Sawayama's new music whilst simultaneously tearing down the queen of pop.

He says one of Rina's new album “encompasses so many styles of music. ‘Bad Friend’, for example, is a song that Madonna would die for.” 

Le sigh. :beysip:

BTW, Elton called Sawayama album of the year.

I love Elton, but there's enough going on in the world. We need to uplift one another. What would Gaga say :didilie:

Thoughts on Elton's comment? Was it necessary? 

Related:

elton-madonna.jpg.658ac3f842a0388e8262e9d29f0ecd93.jpg

I've NEVER liked Elton and this just reinforces my feelings for him. He seems so self-absorbed and acts like he's God's gift to the world. To be honest, him and Gaga go hand in hand with how they talk about other artists. It's like they go out of their way to downplay others in an effort to raise their own credibility.

Gaga did this when she first came out by reminding everyone ALL THE TIME that she sings live and that she's a "real" pop artist - while seemingly shading any other pop girl out there. Elton did the same thing to Madonna and others in the 90s. Why they feel that they are the ultimate beings to define what talent is, is beyond me.

Frankly, his insecurities show and he comes across as a bitter old hag that just needs to shut the eff up already. Ironically, he said a few years back that Madonna is over...meanwhile, her success continues to surpass his. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Sia said:

Gaga did this when she first came out by reminding everyone ALL THE TIME that she sings live and that she's a "real" pop artist - while seemingly shading any other pop girl out there. Elton did the same thing to Madonna and others in the 90s. Why they feel that they are the ultimate beings to define what talent is, is beyond me.

lol u literally just reminded me why I couldn't stand Gaga back in the day, she did this ALL. THE. DAMN. TIME. 

Look at me now in 2020 stanning and bopping to Chromatica :barbie:  Calling Gaga one of my faves. #Growth 

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
11 hours ago, Stefani said:

I mean, he didn't exactly lie. Dunno why he had to shade Madonna, though. Now her stans will get on their typewriters and drag him (and Gaga too because they view them as symbiotic apparently). 

on their typewriters 

I AM CHOKINGGGGGG:makeup:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block