This Day in Pop: The Oops!... I Did It Again Tour starts in 2000 (June 20)

• Super Mods

ootour.jpg.005d860ff041ec485500f68b2f6bd0c5.jpg

On June 20, 2000 Britney Spears started her third tour, which was made in order to promote her Oops I Did It Again, the first show being in Columbia, Maryland.

The tour ran till January 18, 2001 and consisted of 88 shows in total, the most she has done is any of her previous tours at this time. The set list was comprised of 12 songs and an encore:

• "(You Drive Me) Crazy"
  • "Stronger"
  • "What U See (Is What U Get)"
  • "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart"
  • "Born to Make You Happy"
  • "Lucky"
  • "Sometimes"
  • "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know"
  • "The Beat Goes On"
  • "Don't Go Knockin' on My Door"
  • "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
  • "...Baby One More Time"
  • "Oops!... I Did It Again"

• Like 2

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

• 11 months later...

I remember attending this concert, this one in my opinion has been very underrated. This concert is the exact reason why Britney is considered to be a legend in pop culture, she danced like nobody's business- cute and always had a happy face. Her vocals were on point, it was truly a time to be alive. This whole C-ship really destroyed her passion I believe, back then Britney was absolute beast a reason why for the whole decade she didn't let anyone breathe. 

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

The oops era is the one era my internalised Britney encyclopaedia isn’t as strong[er] with, it feels like more of a bridge between the BOMT and Britney eras in my mind where I don’t know where it begins or ends 😂

I'm the opposite, I feel like BOMT, Oops and Britney are completely different from each other even if they were back to back.

Not only it feels like three completely different Britneys, but BOMT feels like so ancient, like so vintage compared to Oops which was much more "modern" in sound, fashion, everything. And the Britney era was like much more adult and by then all this "futuristic" trend had started to fade and everything felt more "organic" so to speak. 

• Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

One of the best tours!
Its sad how overlooked it is but at least it was taped unlike the BOMT tour.

Its also stupid that she chose 'The Beat Goes On'  for the setlist yet didnt perform

'Cant Make You Love Me' or 'Where Are You Now' (can u imagine if she sang that high note live?)

Those songs are SUPERIOR to that one :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Like 1