Katy Perry performs on Democracy Summer

Katy Perry took a moment to perform acoustic versions of Daisies, Chained to the Rhythm, and Roar on Democracy Summer.

While i’m not shocked that no one has brought this up on Exhale, I am wondering where has she been hiding these vocals?

Thoughts? 

1501740437_images-2020-06-21T014101_168.jpeg.1d89f557665ecc6b8107269f0cbd5a53.jpeg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured and edited. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
25 minutes ago, Sia said:

I think she sounded great and Daisies is really growing on me. I don't understand the hate/dislike for Katy. Teenage Dream (album) is still a bop!

I enjoyed the acoustic versions of Daisies and Chain to the rhythm. I actually didn’t like CTTR when it came out. 

The GP eventually turns on their favs but Katy has said some problematic things in the past. IMO shes a little overexposed 

8 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Her new album Will drop just in time for her to promote it While supporting Joe biden and be all political with her platform. Just like she did with hillary you betcha katy perry GIF by 2017 MTV Video Music Awards

That is what we DONT need her to do! She’s bad luck! We cannot have any mishaps this November! Katy, stay away from performing for any democratic candidates and finish just your pregnancy. 

6 minutes ago, Stefani said:

She's been performing everywhere and Daisies still isn't a hit. She needs to let Daisies flop gracefully.

I heard daisies on a radio station and thought “wow shes getting airplay” but then they played x-tina’s song from the new mulan movie :spit: followed by a 90’s song. Clearly was a flop station :tiffeyeroll:

Her placement is actually not really good throughout this performance.

Her resonance is placed way too forward then what where it should be, but at least it seems supported in most cases.

She seems to be straining also for no reason, especially in Chained to the Rhythm.

There are some instances of interesting usage of her head voice, but she's just forcing a bit too much - she's being extra.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block