What are your overall thoughts on Justin Timberlake?

I believe we do not know everything that happen behing the closed doors. I used to LOVE his first album, and also the second.

But I did not feel the connection with his music for the other LPs.

Also, I did not like his attitude about the breakup with Britney. It's not our business to know what happened. It's not classy to talk about your ***ual relationship with someone you just broke up with. It is also not nice to say you have nothing to do with a wardrobe malfunction when it was planned since the beginning.

I do hope he called Britney. I do hope he called Janet.

Male artists should really stick with female artists too. And make the music business (movie business too) a better place for everybody.

At this point, he's a pretty much as big of a has been as the rest of NSYNC, except all of his shady past behavior is being fully exposed for the world to see. We're seeing his true colors and the true colors of the music industry and media that gave him his fame. Could he please just fade away from the Hollywood spotlight? That would be much appreciated. 

On 6/19/2020 at 2:53 AM, Mgmgmgmg said:

jt-thoughts.jpg.a544bfa0bc45664a74706893c291c673.jpg

I recently listened to the podcast Eat, Pray, Britney episode titled "*********" that exposes all the shady things JT has done over the course of his career-- Much of it trashing Britney any chance he gets and being a general narcissistic phony. There's no denying he has had some big hits and has had a significant cultural impact but is highly problematic.

Source

Did you know that Shriner Children's Hospital cut ties with him after a golfing event because he *allegedly* did not seem interested in interacting with the hospital/patients when the cameras weren't on him?

"Justin's a wonderful person," tournament chairman Raoul Frevel told the Las Vegas Review Journal. Frevel coordinated the pop/movie star's involvement with the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas and his corresponding concerts, aimed at raising money for the group's well-regarded hospitals.Frevel says the Shriners tried to get the former N'Sync star to become more involved with the hospitals and the patients they serve. "But it seemed that when the TV cameras weren't on, he disappeared."

Source

What are your thoughts? Are you willing to put the past in the past? Or is he still the same unchanged snake?

Extremely disappointed.

Meh I think he's an overrated cocky person/artist. I liked Justified and loved FS/LS but the rest of his music has been very boring. I loved when he danced and now he barely dances so his performances aren't even that great. His SuperBowl halftime show was one of the worst. I really don't respect the way he treated Britney and Janet in the media. That mixed with publicity cheating on his wife leads me to believe he's misogynistic.

I also don't like when artists try really hard to be something they're not and he strikes me as that - between "The Tennessee Kids" trying to be this big-band artist and "Man Of The Woods" as if I would ever believe he was some sort of nature man hipster - he's a pop singer and it feels like he thinks that's beneath him. He doesn't seem authentic and genuine to me.

He also overall seems like a Michael Jackson rip-off which is fine but it was disappointing to recently find out that almost all of the Justified album were Michael Jackson rejects. His first album was basically written for someone else and rejected so he scavenged it and passed it off as his own. I know that happens all the time with songs but not really a whole album.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Meh I think he's an overrated cocky person/artist. I liked Justified and loved FS/LS but the rest of his music has been very boring. I loved when he danced and now he barely dances so his performances aren't even that great. His SuperBowl halftime show was one of the worst. I really don't respect the way he treated Britney and Janet in the media. That mixed with publicity cheating on his wife leads me to believe he's misogynistic.

I also don't like when artists try really hard to be something they're not and he strikes me as that - between "The Tennessee Kids" trying to be this big-band artist and "Man Of The Woods" as if I would ever believe he was some sort of nature man hipster - he's a pop singer and it feels like he thinks that's beneath him. He doesn't seem authentic and genuine to me.

He also overall seems like a Michael Jackson rip-off which is fine but it was disappointing to recently find out that almost all of the Justified album were Michael Jackson rejects. His first album was basically written for someone else and rejected so he scavenged it and passed it off as his own. I know that happens all the time with songs but not really a whole album.

To be fair, some can say the same about Britney.

He’s very talented and he acted kinda douchy at an age where people sometimes do douchy things.

I’m sorry this is probably not going to be that popular of a take, but I’m sure a lot of us have acted in ways after breakups at 22 years old that we Mitch regret today. 

• Like 1

Their career trajectories are oddly similar too

Nsync 1st album & Bomt - Catering to teen pop audience in the late 90s

No strings attached & Oops - The height of teen pop era, both albums sold a lot

Celebrity & Britney - Transitioning from teen pop into r&b

Justified & ITZ - More mature than the 1st 3 albums

FS/LS & Blackout - Widely considered their best albums

etc

28 minutes ago, YeezusChrist said:

Their career trajectories are oddly similar too

Nsync 1st album & Bomt - Catering to teen pop audience in the late 90s

No strings attached & Oops - The height of teen pop era, both albums sold a lot

Celebrity & Britney - Transitioning from teen pop into r&b

Justified & ITZ - More mature than the 1st 3 albums

FS/LS & Blackout - Widely considered their best albums

etc

Not as similar as Britney and Eminem or Britney and Gaga

12 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

To be fair, some can say the same about Britney.

None of what I said about JT in my post applies to Britney though. Sure, she was heavily influenced by Madonna and Janet and you can see it in some of her videos and performances. But when I said JT is a MJ rip-off, I said it was because his first album was confirmed to be mostly rejects from Michael. A ton of the Justified songs were written for MJ but he passed on them so JT scooped them off the floor and passed it off as his album. Britney didn't make a Madonna or Janet rejection album.

16 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

None of what I said about JT in my post applies to Britney though. Sure, she was heavily influenced by Madonna and Janet and you can see it in some of her videos and performances. But when I said JT is a MJ rip-off, I said it was because his first album was confirmed to be mostly rejects from Michael. A ton of the Justified songs were written for MJ but he passed on them so JT scooped them off the floor and passed it off as his album. Britney didn't make a Madonna or Janet rejection album.

Fair, some may say ...

I’m not disagreeing with you tho. 

• Love 1