What are your overall thoughts on Justin Timberlake?

Justin Timberlake + Britney Spears = the 2000s. Although many say one used another, I feel like both needed each other for their solo careers. Justin was involved with the "Britney" album and without him introducing her to Pharrell, there would be no "I'm A Slave 4 U." And of course, the countless singles that revolve about their break-up (I wish it was only one song as appose to three...) It is a shame that this couple had to go, but it was certainly a puppy love phase that every one was watching...

All things aside, I don't really follow Justin Timberlake much as before. I do think he can achieve more than becoming a actor/singer on movie soundtracks. It's like he wants to achieve so much, and yet, it seems like his career is not going anywhere... If Justin were to come back, I would hope it's a level above Future ***/Love Sounds.

• Like 1

I was a huge *NSYNC fan and I loved his solo stuff minus the most recent album which I haven’t actually listened to. I enjoy his movies as well. While what he did trash talking Britney was childish as ****, most guys that age ARE childish like that and he was use to getting what he wanted. I fully believe he cheated on Britney several times. I think he was more hurt about her cheating because it sort of came out publicly so it was embarrassing to him. Back in interviews she said he told her about cry me a river. They had broken up and gotten back together several times. They were kids. First real serious relationship. Living together. But also while becoming and being some of the biggest stars. Constantly touring and all that. It’s a shame they ended so badly. I’d totally still stan them getting back together if they both matured to treat each other properly and not cheat. 

4 hours ago, AP4 said:

I was a huge *NSYNC fan and I loved his solo stuff minus the most recent album which I haven’t actually listened to. I enjoy his movies as well. While what he did trash talking Britney was childish as ****, most guys that age ARE childish like that and he was use to getting what he wanted. I fully believe he cheated on Britney several times. I think he was more hurt about her cheating because it sort of came out publicly so it was embarrassing to him. Back in interviews she said he told her about cry me a river. They had broken up and gotten back together several times. They were kids. First real serious relationship. Living together. But also while becoming and being some of the biggest stars. Constantly touring and all that. It’s a shame they ended so badly. I’d totally still stan them getting back together if they both matured to treat each other properly and not cheat. 

It was Justin, his friends, and his PR who made this public ...  the infidelity of Britney never came to light, there were never images or anything like that.

7 minutes ago, LLuvia said:

It was Justin, his friends, and his PR who made this public ...  the infidelity of Britney never came to light, there were never images or anything like that.

There were photos of Britney kissing Wayne from what I remember at least. It was a long *** time ago though. 

Edited by AP4
8 minutes ago, AP4 said:

There were photos of Britney kissing Wayne from what I remember at least. It was a long *** time ago though. 

Well, I do not know what photos you have seen ... I have never seen a photo or an image compromised between them. I think the photo you are referring to is an optical effect and I think it was in the Britney MTV special and it was a kiss in the cheek.

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, Bigno said:

I think he was a popular boy bander, but not a star. He really became huge after Cry Me a River. The song was good, but it would have been nothing if it were not for people's hunger for gossip about their private lives. Britney was a worldwide star. N'sync was successful basically only in the USA, México and a few other countries. They never reached the international level BSB had. So, he knew his ex girlfriend was huge, that people were very eager to take a look into their private lives and that is exactly what he did. If he had a non Britney look alike video, no juicy lyrics about cheating, I bet he wouldn't have been so successful. JC and him were almost equally "big" within the band and in my opinion, JC was a better, more.versatile singer. It was just that Justin played his cards (Britney) right.

I agree that the popularity that followed was unattached to her, but he started somewhere and that was stepping on her head and reputation. 

Now, for those who say he was so young, yes, I agree, but he grew up a while ago and he is still a narcissistic, almost 40 jerk.

Britney even said it “it’s how you play the game.” on Chaotic and even though she never said anything bad about him, she’s mentioned that he was smart to do that with the song and the video. Cant believe she had the power to stop the release of the video. Jive was willing to do that for her but damn it why she had to be so nice.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Also putting the Britney stuff aside-

I think he is really talented and after FutureLove/SexSounds he was in such a prime position to be the main pop guy.   I feel like he took a little long till he put out the 20/20 Experience but luckily that was pretty much a serve too.  Man of the Woods was god awful.

I feel like he COULD HAVE  been this generation's Michael Jackson-great pop music and performer....but I feel like he took too much time out to pursue a mediocre movie career and too long in between albums.  Nothing consistent enough.  He could've been a legend but he won't pick a lane to stay in.

• Love 2