What are your overall thoughts on Justin Timberlake?

On 5/26/2021 at 10:34 PM, brintyjoan said:

I dont follow him, so I dont know what to think about him as a person, but I know he's not aging well.. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

So it's ok to mock guys for aging but when someone does it to a woman then that's automatically s**ist and misogyny?

On 5/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, Xfactor Sam said:

I find you guys obsession with Justin Timberlake fascinating. This thread has been alive for almost a whole year. You guys really cant seem to stop talking about him. Its wonderful to witness :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

They're still crying a river. 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, Look But Don't Touch said:

Can we all focus on something more important? 

RESTORING MY REPUTATION ON EXHALE. Ideas. Go. 

Go away.

On 5/27/2021 at 4:58 AM, YeezusChrist said:

Gonna have to agree. As a huge Nsync fan back in the day, it's frustrating. Even after all the trouble he's caused I'll always respect him as an artist and entertainer. No one is perfect

Respect. 

On 5/27/2021 at 5:49 AM, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Why yall thirsty over him? He's not even that hot tbh, I remember I was still very young and not into music when they were together, but my sister was a fan of both of them and her friend had come over one day, Britney and Justin were on TV and her friend said she thought he was ugly and my sister said "wtf", then her friend said "for Britney Spears", and my sister said "well, thats true".

#thetea

He aint really that hot, he just wear suits :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ae18af42fafc7ae310 

• Haha 1

Thought I'd bump this. Coming from a straight male perspective - he's a pig. In interviews I've watched, both from the Justified era and from recent times - he seems to me like he's always tried to play nice guy, but no matter what, comes across as a male apologist, and always plays innocent to the fellow man. For instance, I came across a podcast the other day (channel is called "Q&E Podcast" - check it out), which defended Timberlake for writing "Cry Me A River" because 'Brit cheated on him', even though it's already well known that Justin cheated on Brit in the first place, while the podcast completely ignored many of the misogynistic interviews that happened at the time

For the last few years, Justin has always struck me as a guy that tries to reach for the public appreciation when it comes to persona, rather than coming from a genuine point of view. Yes, I understand it's hard to find a male artist that's completely squeaky clean, and Justin's persona *might* be a lot better than a lot of male artists out there - that said, why has Justin still gone under the radar right up until now? I'd argue, even since the 'Framing' documentary has come out, his reputation has barely been hurt. Since 'Framing' has been released, some of my mates have still taken the Justin side of the argument. What is it about Justin that makes his side of the story so persuasive?

• Like 2

He's kinda overrated and only got as far as he did because he was a white straight man who used female posters to push his career.

All of his early solo work was comprised of songs Michael Jackson scrapped, and his entire shtick was to be a lesser MJ, then CMAR happened....

I mean honestly if anyone from Dua Lipa to Beyonce released a douchy song like Suit and Tie, and an album of 20 minute songs, they'd be called pretentious, nor a high calibre artist.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

He's kinda overrated and only got as far as he did because he was a white straight man who used female posters to push his career.

All of his early solo work was comprised of songs Michael Jackson scrapped, and his entire shtick was to be a lesser MJ, then CMAR happened....

I mean honestly if anyone from Dua Lipa to Beyonce released a douchy song like Suit and Tie, and an album of 20 minute songs, they'd be called pretentious, nor a high calibre artist.

Not gonna lie, even before I learned tracks like 'Rock Your Body' were MJ rejects, I didn't think of JT as that much of an original artist. Definitely didn't 'make his mark' on pop, like I think artists like Mariah, Janet, Britney, Gaga, hell even Ed Sheeran did, in regards to when I was growing up

Once I learned songs like 'Rock Your Body' were in fact songs that MJ scrapped, though - a lot of particular artistic respect kinda gone from JT, even if I didn't have much before

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Brit2000 said:

Not gonna lie, even before I learned tracks like 'Rock Your Body' were MJ rejects, I didn't think of JT as that much of an original artist. Definitely didn't 'make his mark' on pop, like I think artists like Mariah, Janet, Britney, Gaga, hell even Ed Sheeran did, in regards to when I was growing up

Once I learned songs like 'Rock Your Body' were in fact songs that MJ scrapped, though - a lot of particular artistic respect kinda gone from JT, even if I didn't have much before

Didn't make his mark? Who do you think is the standard blueprint when it comes a boyband member going solo and successfully doing so? That's JT!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Princess Britney 007 said:

MJ is a different league. It's like comparing a successful band to The Beatles. 

Robbie Williams flopped in US. Nobody gave a crap about him here. 

When a boyband member goes solo, they're mostly compared to JT. Fact. 

George Michael (Wham!), Better voice and bigger hits. Faith is a classic record. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Princess Britney 007 said:

MJ is a different league. It's like comparing a successful band to The Beatles. 

Robbie Williams flopped in US. Nobody gave a crap about him here. 

When a boyband member goes solo, they're mostly compared to JT. Fact. 

Irrelevant whether he flopped or nor, JT didn't start the "I'm leaving the boyband" trend, loads did that before and his career wasn't successful until atleast 2 or 3 years after he went solo, meaning there was no hype there to propel him until he started using Britney for gain.