What are your overall thoughts on Justin Timberlake?

jt-thoughts.jpg.a544bfa0bc45664a74706893c291c673.jpg

I recently listened to the podcast Eat, Pray, Britney episode titled "*********" that exposes all the shady things JT has done over the course of his career-- Much of it trashing Britney any chance he gets and being a general narcissistic phony. There's no denying he has had some big hits and has had a significant cultural impact but is highly problematic.

Source

Did you know that Shriner Children's Hospital cut ties with him after a golfing event because he *allegedly* did not seem interested in interacting with the hospital/patients when the cameras weren't on him?

"Justin's a wonderful person," tournament chairman Raoul Frevel told the Las Vegas Review Journal. Frevel coordinated the pop/movie star's involvement with the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas and his corresponding concerts, aimed at raising money for the group's well-regarded hospitals.Frevel says the Shriners tried to get the former N'Sync star to become more involved with the hospitals and the patients they serve. "But it seemed that when the TV cameras weren't on, he disappeared."

Source

What are your thoughts? Are you willing to put the past in the past? Or is he still the same unchanged snake?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

idk a lot about him, so far:

- cry me a river: desperate and cheap attempt to come into the industry

- what comes around goes around: why not

- sexyback: I like it

- rehab w/ Rihanna: I've discovered recently that he was in that song, dafok? did he sing in it? 

- mirrors: the first song that I've ever heard of him, disliked it :awww:

- can't stop the feeling :jl: 

musically, I've only liked FutureSex I guess, even though I find him under average when it comes to attractiveness (that's why the MV of **** back is meh) , his dancing is really meh, I've seen better MJ impersonators (if you ever go to Nice, you'll find one in Massena, he's usually there), his MVs are... well, kinda forgettable? I wouldn't recognise a JT cosplay :awww: his Super Bowl performance :selenerz:

I'm not even going to talk about his awful personality & how dirty he did Britney & Janet lol

I guess that he did well for a pop boy?

• Haha 2
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

idk a lot about him, so far:

- cry me a river: desperate and cheap attempt to come into the industry

- what comes around goes around: why not

- sexyback: I like it

- rehab w/ Rihanna: I've discovered recently that he was in that song, dafok? did he sing in it? 

- mirrors: the first song that I've ever heard of him, disliked it :awww:

- can't stop the feeling :jl: 

musically, I've only liked FutureSex I guess, even though I find him under average when it comes to attractiveness (that's why the MV of **** back is meh) , his dancing is really meh, I've seen better MJ impersonators (if you ever go to Nice, you'll find one in Massena, he's usually there), his MVs are... well, kinda forgettable? I wouldn't recognise a JT cosplay :awww: his Super Bowl performance :selenerz:

I'm not even going to talk about his awful personality & how dirty he did Britney & Janet lol

I guess that he did well for a pop boy?

Seeing this all laid out I'm like -- is he even really that great of an artist/performer? :jj: 

Can't Stop the Feeling is just horrible and kind of a gross song. And Man of the Woods was a huuuge flop. He also has looked kind of sick since that era.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

Seeing this all laid out I'm like -- is he even really that great of an artist/performer? :jj: 

artist, idk, I don't know him well enough, he has a great voice, but his high-notes are just a no for me, personal taste I guess

but performer? he's not that great, yes by today standards, but honestly, he doesn't have any memorable performance (if we don't count Janet Jackson's Super Bowl) :awww: even his super bowl one was completely basic and forgettable/forgotten :selenerz:

glee performances were better :jl:

Britney invented Justin. he literally wouldn't have had a successful career if not for "exposing" Britney in that tacky Cry Me a ***** video. so even if he is talented and makes good music, i never have any respect for him as an artist and as a person. never bought his music, never streamed his albums in full, never even watched his ********* acting chops except for when he voiced Arthur in Shrek 3 (and even that Shrek is the worst of the 4). :trash::flop::begone:

gotta admit though i really like Mirrors, Holy Grail, and What Goes Around (especially the video), but even these songs scream Britney so yeah, he always need to be inspired by Britney to get dem hit singles, what a vulture :rihit:

• Love 4
  • Like 4

I have complicated feelings about JT. On the one hand, he was my first big celebrity crush. I still have fond memories of the NSYNC days and he’s just part of my adolescence. I also like thinking back to when he and Britney were together. 

but now, i just think he’s an a-hole. The way he acted towards Britney during the breakup and the way he used it to further his celebrity is disgusting. Remember when he was on a radio show and talked about how they had ***?! Like wtf, tasteless. Also, when you really think about it... when NSYNC was tour and had lots of groupies back stage... you don’t think Justin ever cheated on Britney?!?

Everything that happened with Janet is messed up too. It seems like he’s cheated on Jessica Biel. The 20/20 experience and man on the woods are awful. He just seems like such a full of himself jerk. Plus there’s that whole thing where his friends made a video making fun of homeless ppl for their wedding. I mean, he didn’t make it, but if his friends would do that for his wedding, doesn’t that kind of say something about him? Plus I just feel like he always looks like he had crazy eyes. And really his voice isn’t all that good. 

at this point, I’d never want Britney to get back with him or do a duet or anything. I think fame turned him into a jerk. 

• Love 2
  • Like 7

I used to be a huge fan! I still can't really listen to CMAR even though it's such a great song :chrissy:

I just think at this point there's too many unforgivable moments with him. Just when you think he might have redeemed himself he goes and says/does something stupid again. He kept saying Britney had an opportunity to stick up for him when they broke up but he started dating Jenna Dewan and then Alyssa Milano straight after so honestly Justin, were you really AS heartbroken that year as you led the world to believe? He's a great performer and showman  but as a person (obviously I'm judging from the outside) I wouldn't want to be mates with him or get on his bad side. He seems like he's a real **** behind closed doors. Jessica has just found a man with a lot of money and a comfortable lifestyle she also seems like a vanilla bean.

• Like 2