Madonna fan throws shade at Cher for useless ABBA covers album

Spicechinodiva

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Yeah but one of those fans said MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X are great albums. Not sure I can take their critique seriously now :yaknow:

That being said, I didn’t get the point of an ABBA covers albums from Cher, let alone two. I did like her cover of Gimme Gimme Gimme though :katycream:

Rebel Heart was a good album the other two not so much! 

Cher was inspired to do the album after she was in Momma Mia 2 which uses ABBA songs in it. I love her cover of One Of Us!!

Madame X is a great album. Thank God she finally went more left field again and did some serious experiments. I love the whole world music vibe it has going and unlike most other popstars she actually has something to say with most of the songs.

22 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I don’t mind MDNA and Rebel Heart but I’d never call them great albums. I love GGW and it’s MV though :thirsty: 

I haven’t listened to MDNA in years, maybe I’ll give it another listen. I remember thinking a lot of it was generic and beneath Madge but if I can still bop to some of Britney Jean, I can try it again :jj:

MDNA is generic and some songs are so bad, my fav is girl gone wild and **** **** the rest is meh

Rebel Heart same thing, I was so disappointed the demos sounded way better that what she released (Inside out)

4 minutes ago, justloveme123 said:

MDNA is generic and some songs are so bad, my fav is girl gone wild and **** **** the rest is meh

Rebel Heart same thing, I was so disappointed the demos sounded way better that what she released (Inside out)

I did give it another listen at work yesterday. I like GGW, GB, Love Spent and Falling free. It was actually a pretty easy album to listen to, totally offensive in its sound but yeah, not that memorable for the most part. 
I only like 4-5 songs of Rebel Heart too. 
00’s Madge > 10’s Madge. 

On 6/19/2020 at 12:25 AM, babyimmafreak90 said:

Yeah but one of those fans said MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X are great albums. Not sure I can take their critique seriously now :yaknow:

That being said, I didn’t get the point of an ABBA covers albums from Cher, let alone two. I did like her cover of Gimme Gimme Gimme though :katycream:

Some girl is a BOP 

you know what though, im a massive Cher fan [I like Madonna, seen her twice live but im not as massive fan of hers as I am with cher] BUT I actually agree with the person who tweeted that. I understand why she released one in 2018 to coincide with her appearance on MM2, I got that. But  I cant understand why on earth shes releasing a 2nd one. I don't get it at all. and im not *****ing about her because tbh the reason I feel this is because her last original album 2013's Closer To The Truth had some cracking songs on it, ie Take It Like A Man, Favorite Scars, Will You Wait For Me etc and so I find it really sad to now resorting to cover albums. 

Archived