Why don't you like the song Chillin 'with you?

BritneyItaly

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...so I don’t HATE CWY.  I know...does that make me a flop fan?  Lmao.

...but I CERTAINLY don’t “love it”.  Hell, I guess I don’t even really LIKE it.

The verses are fine (lyrically and melodically)...ngl.  It’s a carefree song about letting go and enjoying time.  I like the lyrics of the verses  But there’s ****’ MYAH...ruining the only enjoyable part of the song.  It’s also WAY over-produced in the vocal department.  Even Jamie Lynn‘s verse is DRIPPING in auto tune (if that’s not ALSO Myah...maybe she can duplicate the whole fam?   Who knows...I’d love to hear her take on James)

Then the chorus comes in.  And the song goes from...whatever it was to...just...I don’t even know.

WHY?  Why did they have to take a song (that could’ve been a fine little bop) and give it THAT chorus?  It’s laughable and can’t be taken seriously.

The song never should’ve been called CWY,  Myah should’ve never been on the song, Britney should’ve sung the song in her natural, beautiful register, and they should’ve come up with a chorus that wasn’t...THAT.

...ok jk I guess I do hate it.

1 hour ago, Louis_j said:

Because we expected so much more coming from the talented singer-songwriter Jamie Lynn Spears :juggingu: 

Some of her songs were ok!! Especially if you listen to her Nashville videos on YouTube from 8-9 years ago.

however the production values in this song were awful, JL hasn’t got much range and they’ve wildly auto tuned both of them to sound nothing like themselves. The lyrics are also woeful.

Archived