Dua Lipa hopes to be this generation's Madonna

On 6/18/2020 at 11:31 AM, Jordan Miller said:

dua-madonna.jpg.d2c90e46fad29aab1a862b3da679d459.jpg

Dua Lipa released one of the best records of the year with Future Nostalgia. Not only was it an immaculate and cohesive body of work, but Dua pushed her own artistic boundaries. The growth from her debut to sophomore album is obvious, and greatly appreciated. Dua hopes she can hold that magic in a bottle for decades to come like her idol, the queen of pop, Madonna. 

“I feel like Madonna peaked at 40 or 45 and made the best pop album known, and she continues to kill it," Lipa tells The Sun.

“Women, we can do it for as long as we want to. And then at some point I’ll retire with a couple of dogs and take up smoking again.” :byesmoke:

She adds: “The success I’ve had is more than I ever imagined was possible. To be really honest, I never thought I would get this far."

“Not because I didn’t think I could, but because I didn’t know something like this was possible."

“It can be frustrating because you have to play the long game, you have to spend the hours in the studio and write."

“You have to try to beat your personal best and express yourself, because no matter how much you think you know, you are always coming up with better ways to explain yourself.”

Do you think Dua has what it takes to remain relevant for years to come? Will she be ~the next Madonna~? Sound off.

I really liked Dua’s new album and I’m glad she’s a Madonna stan, kind of reminds me of Britney a little bit and maybe her next album will help push her further, we need a new pop girl that isn’t obnoxious and it might be her! Until Britney comes back I’m gonna try to look for newer artists to support. 

She doesnt have star quality or charisma. Good songs yes OK. Not even great. She is passable. No shade, but like maybe 3 more years max...she will never peak. This is her peak. She wont have a Gimme More moment, or a Toxic moment, or a Bad Romance moment, or a Ray Of Light moment...

I love Dua, but no. LOL If she wants to constantly reinvent her sound and her style like Madonna has, that's GREAT. But I am not here for Dua sniffing panties on talk shows, making *** books and just being all around messy. I love Madge, but she is such a diva and definitely not someone you should model your career after, especially since very few people have Madge's work ethic and determination. She survived so many scandals and messy situations.

Just let Dua be Dua.

56 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I love Dua, but no. LOL If she wants to constantly reinvent her sound and her style like Madonna has, that's GREAT. But I am not here for Dua sniffing panties on talk shows, making *** books and just being all around messy. I love Madge, but she is such a diva and definitely not someone you should model your career after, especially since very few people have Madge's work ethic and determination. She survived so many scandals and messy situations.

Just let Dua be Dua.

Note to all Madonna stans. This is how a true Madonna stan carries themselves :lessons: 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

My thing is. Name me one music act from the streaming culture that lasted more than a decade, you can't.

People don't tour,etc. 

Is there really a streaming era superstar outside of Ariana Grande? 

Now ask yourself that and come back to me.

Streaming culture hasn’t even lasted a decade whatchumean :gloria: bookmarking this. See you in a few years :mattafact:

• Haha 1
On 6/19/2020 at 9:59 PM, Jordan Miller said:

I also let this place go to hell back in the hayday, too :lollipop:

Yeah, but lighting the match and letting the world burn can be fun, though. Like for example, I got so much euphoria watching Shane Dawson get dragged all over social media this past week. And seeing all the anti-Covid and anti-BLM Karens crawling out of the woodwork and being dragged, doxed and ruined added 5 years to my life. :whiteladydance:

On 6/19/2020 at 10:10 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Note to all Madonna stans. This is how a true Madonna stan carries themselves :lessons: 

Thanks, I guess? :saycheese: I mean, I love Madonna but she's too messy. Do we not all remember back when she accidentally tweeted her 13 year old's... Sausage on the 4th of July? :eheeek: Or when she called her other son "my n-word" on Instagram? :alook: Dua should strive for the level of work ethic, fashion and groundbreaking reinvention that Madonna has achieved, but definitely should do her best to avoid being like Ms. Ciccone in terms of personal life and antics. :angietea: Instead, I propose she be more like Britney; dumping SONIC ice creams on the paparazzi, grabbing her man's junk on balconies, breastfeeding frat boys in pools, and dating much younger, extremely hot Persian men. Or posting fashion hauls and twirl videos on Instagram, depending on whether she's feeling Primeney, Blackoutney or Currentney that day. :queenflopga:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block