Dua Lipa hopes to be this generation's Madonna

Whilst her musical showings have been impressive (New Rules, Physical) her performances have been very basic, generic and cardboard. I don't think she has what it takes to be a "new" Madonna, i don't think she has the ability to have longevity in her career. I doubt she will be around in 10-15 years.

She has good music, but to survive in the music industry you need to be an all round entertainer and have that stage presence that your fans can connect to.

But yeah she needs to be in the game for longer before hoping to be the next Madonna especially since shes up against stiff competition like Rihanna, Beyonce, Britney (if she gets her act together <3 ), maybe even Taylor Swift.

- Alestaos

She has to battle with 4 other females 

Kylie Minogue look at her UK chart stats she is literally second to Madonna on a lot of things. 

Britney sales wise. Unfortunate hot 100 wise her label focused more on album sales than impacting the hot 100 as well.

Rihanna. This woman in terms of controversy, her IDGAF, even several feuds reminds me of Madonna especially he cockiness.

Pink. Probably the best stage perforner out of the four. Her shows are up there with Madonna. In fact she came this close to breaking Madonna's Sticky and sweet tour record. Just shy of about 9 million from breaking the record. 

• Like 1

She is not even close to "be a Madonna" in any way... Madonna was breaking records left and right, she was pushing boundaries, she was talking openly about s e x before it was cool, she was talking about gay people before it was cool, she was expressing herself without any hesitation - before it was cool, and she changed the music industry for female pop artists - forever. :martini::pleaseshhh:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators

Ya- she’s nice and all and don’t get me wrong I have streamed future nostalgia (the album) a few times And really liked it but I haven’t seen her do anything any artist hasn’t done before

She’s a little to generic to be calling herself the next MADONNA 

but I still like her 

• Like 4

that was... a huge clickbait lol 

idk though, Dua Lipa is seen as Carly Rae Jepsen in France :jl: she's the 'new rules' girl

time will tell if she gets bigger, but as it is rn, she only has 2 hits, and her album only peaked at nb4 on the BB200, and I'm afraid that it's not going to last?

- she's an awful performer, so tragic that her most known performance has turned into a meme :duadance:, and her face doesn't help, she looks like me when my sister tells me 'COME HERE, IDK HOW TO DO THIS EXERCISE' even though she's getting slightly better (but still has less energy than an elementary school end-year show

- most of her MVs are basic & forgettable

- her songs sound like mall or elevator music :jl: 

before hoping to have a lasting career like Madonna (even though I hate Madonna), she should hope to have one big pop culture moment/defining era, bc as it is rn, she's nowhere as successful as any major pop act, she's under Selena Gomez. but she's improving :mj:

she's taking advantage of the situation though, pop is dead rn.

• Like 2

Hits don’t equal Madonna status people. It’s only a factor. If it did, Katy would be this generations Madonna, based on her hits. Doesn’t sound right? Because it’s not lol. 
You’ll have to pave new territories, become a true social activist, have hits, have decades of fantastic music and performances and then maybe. 
if anything Gaga, took that  spot after Britney. Not sure there will be another one quite like them in that league for a while. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Yeah! Like it reads as two things. One, she has low standards. Like, chile you haven't even reached even just a quarter of Britney's peak and you're already this happy. Two, she's underestimating herself and what she could achieve overall. Like, girl you can do so much more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. :mattafact:

I think she's grateful. There are thousands of vocalists who try to get any recognition, for them even 50% of her success is something BIG. Like, I wish I could achieve even 10% of her success :yaknow:
I don't think she doesn't want more. I guess she just remembers how it is to be a "normal person", not famous at all, comparing to how she lives now. :angietea:

• Like 2

She hasn't done anything controversial.

Does she have girls dressing up like her like the Madonna wannabe phrase that happened in 85?

Did she upset parents for telling their kids to lose their virginity?

Any iconic performance like Madonna's 1984 VMA performance with her humping the floor?

Telling a reporter her biggest goal not in 2020 but her entire career was to rule the world?

The answer to all of this is NO.

denied season 3 GIF

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block