'How I Roll' is iconic and ahead of it's time, you can't tell me otherwise! (opinion)

16 minutes ago, Itachi said:

sis i will forever be traumatized by that "steaming like a pot of vegetables" line. :meltdown: it needs to be censored

I was today years old when I learned about that line :orangu:

No one:

Britney:

Her Team:

Grean Giant:

Martha Stewart:

Sabi: “Steaming like, like a pot full of vegetables”🥦🥕🥬:imok:

• Haha 4
10 hours ago, Roxxy said:

It's critically acclaimed for a reason.  :mattafact:

• #1 on Rolling Stone's Top 25 Songs of 2011
  • #95 on Rolling Stone's Top 100 Songs of the 2010s
  • #9 on E! Online's 15 Best Britney Spears Songs
  • #9 BEST on Glamour Magazine's list of Britney Spears's 10 Best (and Worst) Songs of All Time

And let's not forget that this is a Bloodshy & Avant creation. :tiffdrink:

a music video with this choreo in that moment would be iconic and ****

14 hours ago, Roxxy said:

It's critically acclaimed for a reason.  :mattafact:

• #1 on Rolling Stone's Top 25 Songs of 2011
  • #95 on Rolling Stone's Top 100 Songs of the 2010s
  • #9 on E! Online's 15 Best Britney Spears Songs
  • #9 BEST on Glamour Magazine's list of Britney Spears's 10 Best (and Worst) Songs of All Time

And let's not forget that this is a Bloodshy & Avant creation. :tiffdrink:

YAS! I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when How I Roll leaked and I first heard it in full. It was definitely the FF track I was most looking forward to hearing, and 9 years later it still slaps.

How I Roll is hands—down my favorite Britney song, and I’m 99% certain I will still be bopping to it when I’m in a nursing home (if I live that long 😂)

• Haha 1

1. Britney Spears, “How I Roll”
Britney hooks up with the Swedish production duo Bloodshy and Avant, who also gave her “Toxic” in 2004 and “Piece of Me” in 2007, and like the first two chapters of the trilogy, it’s fiendishly inventive girl noise. Every sound effect that jumps out of the mix – Brit slurring the word “speakerrrr,” digital finger-snaps, a real beatbox pretending to be a human beatbox – builds the tension. There’s even a plot: An ordinary girl sits in her lonely room, dreaming of party lights far away, wishing she could escape to a place where she can show her kneesocks and drink tequila on the rocks, where there’s music and there’s people and they’re young and alive. But the mean old world won’t let her break free, so she just sings along with the machines until she turns into a machine herself, because only the beat understands her. There’s your story of pop music right there.

The Top 25 Songs of 2011 - Rolling Stone

• Like 3
14 hours ago, ExXL said:

Femme fatale :makeitrain:💞💞💞

I remember not really liking it when it first came out but it grew on me and now it brings back many memories from 2011 , sweet nostalgia , also this song inspired Asian pop groups and is maybe inspired by Japanese pop music which is really cute and really cool I remember when this song was accused of copying it 

This just shows how successful this song would have been if it was released as a single... Well, maybe at least in Asia? The music taste is different in areas around the world, but it would have been fun to see Britney rolling in the pink Hummer once again d":

5 hours ago, HowIRolll said:

YAS! I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when How I Roll leaked and I first heard it in full. It was definitely the FF track I was most looking forward to hearing, and 9 years later it still slaps.

How I Roll is hands—down my favorite Britney song, and I’m 99% certain I will still be bopping to it when I’m in a nursing home (if I live that long 😂)

omg your name is literally HowiRoll and this is your first post. :makeitrain:

we stannnnnn

the #HOWIROLLARMY.

4 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

How I roll is my least favorite of the songs she’s done with Bloodshy. I rarely listen to it. Maybe it’ll grow on me one of these days. 

it honestly gets better and better. the last time i heard it was 2017 and it's aging like wine.

charlie brown dancing GIF bam-bam-bam-bara-di-da-bom-bom-"