Saweetie's "Tap In" music video is a slam dunk

• Leader

Saweetie double dribbled a slick video for her new song "Tap In," a cut from the rapper's forthcoming album, Pretty B---- Music.

In the song, Saweetie samples Too Short's 2006 track "Blow the Whistle." 

The video is a serve. In it, Saweetie licks a bedazzled basketball, slays choreo with her backup girls and traverses a neon-lit cage.

We got any Saweetie fans up in Exhale? Thoughts on her new video?

saweetie.jpg.99f11f78ba02dd831a16b42e7c3fefde.jpg

I love that the video had dark skinned and plus sized women in it. And the visuals overall were a major serve. I LOVE some good choreo. But I will say the song is obviously trying to recreate the success of My Type. From the sample, subject matter, song structure, the way the chorus is constructed it's very clear what her intentions where. But that doesn't make it any less of a bop!

• Like 1
  • Leader
10 hours ago, Deyonce said:

I love that the video had dark skinned and plus sized women in it. And the visuals overall were a major serve. I LOVE some good choreo. But I will say the song is obviously trying to recreate the success of My Type. From the sample, subject matter, song structure, the way the chorus is constructed it's very clear what her intentions where. But that doesn't make it any less of a bop!

Yea it sounds extremely similar to My Type. I actually almost started singing it and one point in Tap In because it sounded so familiar. 

I always listen to the song before watching the video, so I have an ubiased opinion. The song flew by and it did absolutely NOTHING to me, and I can't remember a single thing. And what an ordinary and unpleasant voice... So yeah, I didn't watch the video, I don't care for it.
I recommend doing the same with K-pop songs... Be careful of those amazing looking and super polished videos... Most songs are garbage.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block