This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Ooh La La single in 2013 (June 17)

oohlala.jpg.1b664510f4cfd055fe5e71c6669e9699.jpg

711AbTb5vBL.jpg

On June 17, 2013 Ooh La La was officially released as a single as part of the soundtrack of the movie The Smurfs 2. It was written and produced by Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, Joshua "Ammo" Coleman, Henry "Cirkut" Walter, with additional writing from Bonnie McKee, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Lola Blanc, and Fransisca Hall. It peaked at #54 on the BBH100.

The song had leaked a month earlier though, but Britney claimed that only was an early demo :jl:

Video didn't come out until next month, so we'll save that anniversary for later.

The original song was intended to be Lola Blanc's debut single, but Dr. Luke requested a deal to let Britney record it instead. Bonnie MacKee was in charge of changing the lyrics, she said: “I gotta be honest. I was really more of doctor on that song. It was written and then I came in and rewrote the lyric. It was too **** and it needed to be more ‘Smurfy.’ And more kid-friendly. But it still needed to work for radio, too. So I had to keep it tasteful but still have a little bit of that “Ooh La La,” if you will.”

The Ooh La La single also included G.R.L.'s track Vacation.

• Like 3