Halsey: "The USA is a Third World Country"

It totally is and only a few blind nationalists, bombarded by propaganda believe otherwise. If the latest events don't make people see that, nothing will. People lose their homes just to be able to pay for medication. Families go bankrupt to go afford hospitalizarion and treatment. First world? 😂

Their citizens get shot by police for going to get groceries and lose their eyeballs for exercising the right to protest. First world? What is first world anyways? That you can have the latest HD screen to receive your lovely propaganda but would go bankrupt if you need medical care? Great!

I don't think I have heard anyone explain imperialism better than Parenti. https://t.co/Z3ZzqJucyK

1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I’m an American living in Mexico and Im here to say Ashley is an ignorant, typical American whiny *****. In Mexico we have to go refill gas tanks so we can have hot water. The water isn’t drinkable here so we have to go buy water and folks can’t rely on the government for unemployment benefits, so they’re calling random people asking for money or begging for work. Healthcare? :haha: 

There are other things too but I won’t go into it. I’m not living in Mexico against my will but my lord it has made me realize how GOOD we have it in America. Do we have issues that need to be addressed in society? YES. Is America a third world country? NO. 

Be thankful people. 

I have lived in many different countries of the world. I don't know where you live in Mx but there are rich neighborhoods just as good as any high class American neighborhood. Some people go to Tijuana and think that's it, that is México. I also know many neighborhoods in the USA that have no access to education, healthcare is trash and ***** are sold in every corner. Government checks didn't save people from losing their homes or being unable to feed their families. Hundreds are struggling.

That whole first world third world country is old and is coined to numb people into believing they live in the best country ever when it's not the case. There are so many filthy places in the US like there are in any other country. 

This looks very first world

1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I’m an American living in Mexico and Im here to say Ashley is an ignorant, typical American whiny *****. In Mexico we have to go refill gas tanks so we can have hot water. The water isn’t drinkable here so we have to go buy water and folks can’t rely on the government for unemployment benefits, so they’re calling random people asking for money or begging for work. Healthcare? :haha: 

There are other things too but I won’t go into it. I’m not living in Mexico against my will but my lord it has made me realize how GOOD we have it in America. Do we have issues that need to be addressed in society? YES. Is America a third world country? NO. 

Be thankful people. 

A voice of reason!  Yes, king!  Thank you for stating FACTS 

47 minutes ago, BuckyKatt said:

I'm only curious WHY doesn't USA have universal healthcare?! Obamacare was a try?! 

That's a "1st world" thing, right?!

Doesn't make any sense, does it?!

Mostly because we have privatized healthcare yet a large population of America DOES have tax payer benefits such as Medicare, Medicaid and other federal benefits such as Veterans care.  These government or tax payer funded plans and their low payment rates is part of what has caused our inflation rates in healthcare.  So, if everyone had government-funded insurance it would potentially lead to government-owned hospitals which would then be more rights taken from Americans.  Some Americans want healthcare privacy and some don't care.  It all depends on your personal desire from what you want out of government. 

2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Be thankful people. 

No offense, but have you lived any of the situations in the US she is referring to? Like, crime on the west side of Chicago, communities living in absolute poverty, cities with no clean drinking water? Yes, there are a lot of places in the US that are not that different from a third-world country. We might not be chopping people's heads off, but we lag behind the developed world.

1 minute ago, waynebradybyday said:

No offense, but have you lived any of the situations in the US she is referring to? Like, crime on the west side of Chicago, communities living in absolute poverty, cities with no clean drinking water? Yes, there are a lot of places in the US that are not that different from a third-world country. We might not be chopping people's heads off, but we lag behind the developed world.

Yes. I have lived in West Virginia (one of the poorest states in America) San Francisco, Hartford, Denver, El Paso (to name a few). I understand where she is coming from BUT to call the US a third world country is laughable. 

I don’t need to give you my life’s story to validate my opinion. :overitkbye:

1 hour ago, Bigno said:

I have lived in many different countries of the world. I don't know where you live in Mx but there are rich neighborhoods just as good as any high class American neighborhood. Some people go to Tijuana and think that's it, that is México. I also know many neighborhoods in the USA that have no access to education, healthcare is trash and ***** are sold in every corner. Government checks didn't save people from losing their homes or being unable to feed their families. Hundreds are struggling.

That whole first world third world country is old and is coined to numb people into believing they live in the best country ever when it's not the case. There are so many filthy places in the US like there are in any other country. 

This looks very first world

I’ve already watched this. I spent a portion of my time growing up in West Virginia and lived in a holler (look that up). I understand where you are coming from and one of the issues in society is income disparity. Poor people in Mexico are A LOT poorer than the poor in the USA. There are nice neighborhoods of course. 

2 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Yes. I have lived in West Virginia (one of the poorest states in America) San Francisco, Hartford, Denver, El Paso (to name a few). I understand where she is coming from BUT to call the US a third world country is laughable. 

I don’t need to give you my life’s story to validate my opinion. :overitkbye:

You don't need to give your life story to validate your opinion because it's kind of irrelevant. We're talking about facts. Halsey is not the first person to make this assertion. Our handling and response to the coronavirus is another thing to add to the list that kind of speaks for itself.

1 minute ago, waynebradybyday said:

You don't need to give your life story to validate your opinion because it's kind of irrelevant. We're talking about facts. Halsey is not the first person to make this assertion. Our handling and response to the coronavirus is another thing to add to the list that kind of speaks for itself.

The handling of the coronavirus in America isn't because its a third world country. Its because we have an idiot running America who dismantled a pandemic response team. There are social issues in America that need to be addressed and America has the money to do that but will they??? Her facts are facts but they do not imply that the US is a third world country.   

7 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

The handling of the coronavirus in America isn't because its a third world country. Its because we have an idiot running America who dismantled a pandemic response team. There are social issues in America that need to be addressed and America has the money to do that but will they??? Her facts are facts but they do not imply that the US is a third world country.   

This country is already drowning in debt, we do not have the money, just like other nations that are poorer than we are, no one in this country is getting richer except for the 1%ers.

"When you see a child starving to death with a distended belly, covered in flies, essentially powerless—politically, economically, educationally, nutritionally, legally—it may seem so far off, it could be another planet. Their misery comes from the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the Fed, the Bank of International Settlements because their governments accepted “aid” which turned out to be debt at interest so severe they can never hope to dig themselves out.

I don’t believe the vast majority of Americans are that far off since our government has been accepting “fake money” as debt from the same banking cartels, the very same affliction on under-developed and exploited countries."

Halsey, Halsey.... her heart is in the right place, BUT.... this is ludicrous. 

While I don’t disagree with her assessment of our WORST statistics, and there are plenty more to point out, the US is not a 3rd world Country. America is still ultimately a land of opportunity. If it wasn’t, we wouldn’t have millions of immigrants flocking to our shores. Now, healthcare, jobs and wages, politics and education may favor the upper class, and that’s BULL****, but it can be changed. When Americans are ready to unite, show up at the poles, and make some changes... things CAN and will change. 

halsey needs to visit a real 3rd world country. A country where healthcare and human rights don’t exist AT ALL, and women are treated like property .... never allowed to consider a “career” as an opportunity. This Country is evolving right now, but it can get so much better. At least here we have the opportunities to make those changes happen 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Mostly because we have privatized healthcare yet a lar

ge population of America DOES have tax payer benefits such as Medicare, Medicaid and other federal benefits such as Veterans care.  These government or tax payer funded plans and their low payment rates is part of what has caused our inflation rates in healthcare.  So, if everyone had government-funded insurance it would potentially lead to government-owned hospitals which would then be more rights taken from Americans.  Some Americans want healthcare privacy and some don't care.  It all depends on your personal desire from what you want out of government. 

Thanks for the explanation :sendinglove:

"rights taken from Americans"?! I thought government-own was, ultimatly, better for the people/country :idkney:

That's what they say when they nationalize  :calculating:

I need to educate myself :jackk:

6 hours ago, dr35 said:

Halsey, Halsey.... her heart is in the right place, BUT.... this is ludicrous. 

While I don’t disagree with her assessment of our WORST statistics, and there are plenty more to point out, the US is not a 3rd world Country. America is still ultimately a land of opportunity. If it wasn’t, we wouldn’t have millions of immigrants flocking to our shores. Now, healthcare, jobs and wages, politics and education may favor the upper class, and that’s BULL****, but it can be changed. When Americans are ready to unite, show up at the poles, and make some changes... things CAN and will change. 

halsey needs to visit a real 3rd world country. A country where healthcare and human rights don’t exist AT ALL, and women are treated like property .... never allowed to consider a “career” as an opportunity. This Country is evolving right now, but it can get so much better. At least here we have the opportunities to make those changes happen 

i live in a third world country and the problems in my country are completely different, not all third world country have the same problems you mentioned, it varies from country to country  , i justa wanna made this clear. And i agree America is not even close to being  a third world country ,fortunately

4 hours ago, BuckyKatt said:

Thanks for the explanation :sendinglove:

"rights taken from Americans"?! I thought government-own was, ultimatly, better for the people/country :idkney:

That's what they say when they nationalize  :calculating:

I need to educate myself :jackk:

Well - the government may want you to think it is better if they own hospitals but look at the issues they have had with Veteran Hospitals which are government owned - people didnt get care they needed and allegedly died as a result (which can happen anywhere).  Healthcare in America is like an onion - it is a very multi-layered issue.  It has stayed privatized to prevent against government corruption and potential ignorance being involved.  Just imagine a government owned hospital in a low-income city compared to a hospital in other places.  I have my own ideas on healthcare coverage for Americans but the cost inflation needs to be tackled first.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block