Halsey: "The USA is a Third World Country"

• Leader

Halsey faced a wave of criticism for comparing the US to a third world country.

In the now-deleted Tweet, Halsey said:

“The USA is a Third World Country: a thread.”

She laid out stats and her beliefs, but Twitter was not having it. She ultimately removed her thread and apologized.

The thread:

Thoughts? Is the US a third world country? 
halsey.jpg.d372f8849bb8437a8ba261adf681a018.jpg

• Super Mods

She didn't lie. Other than having a good economy (which people dont really benefit from), USA really fits all the standard of a third world country:

High police brutality

People drowning in debt

High % of population living below minimum wage and having to work 2 jobs to survive

Very low % of population can actually purchase a house or even a car without having to owe to a bank and pay it off for years

Human rights are lower with each coming year

A whole part of the population has minimum access to good education (black community)

Quality health care is reserved only for the upper middle class and the rich class

Only two political parties can actually win the elections (this in itself is the death of democracy and is much closer to absolutism than anything else)

Bought off media that fails to objectively inform the citizens and fight the regime. Instead, it says whatever political parties that give them the money tell them to

Which part of this is something a first world country should be facing? If you look into Europe or Canada, none of this is actually an issue.

So in my opinion, yes, the USA fits all the criteria of a third world country, I'm sorry.

• Like 9

:nonono:

I don't deny there are many problems in the US, and that there may be European countries in better situation, overall, but the US with all of its flaws is still miles better than a real third world country, wherever you look at. 

Maybe she needs to visit Mexico or any other Latin country or some of the poorest places in Africa, to see what a third world country really looks like. Or maybe we should be re-categorized as 4th, 5th, nth world country :haha:

I’m an American living in Mexico and Im here to say Ashley is an ignorant, typical American whiny *****. In Mexico we have to go refill gas tanks so we can have hot water. The water isn’t drinkable here so we have to go buy water and folks can’t rely on the government for unemployment benefits, so they’re calling random people asking for money or begging for work. Healthcare? :haha: 

There are other things too but I won’t go into it. I’m not living in Mexico against my will but my lord it has made me realize how GOOD we have it in America. Do we have issues that need to be addressed in society? YES. Is America a third world country? NO. 

Be thankful people. 

• Like 5

This woman has never lived in a third world country and it shows. She has absolutely no idea what it’s like to live in a third world country. She is constantly *****ing about America. She should just leave if she hates it so much. She should check out 90 day fiance  to see what living in a third world country is like. 

• Like 4

You guys talking about "third world countries" as if they were these weird incomprehensible places with stupid people so far removed from you... when in fact "first world countries" sucked and still suck the LIFE our of the former. It's a game of power and domination.
So if you live in a powerful country that got to were it is because it took and takes advantage of other nations' resources and diminishes them to their own advantage, then own up to it and at least watch your words. #BlackLivesMatters, and this too.
Also, making such brutal and narrow-minded and hateful mistakes as the US is doing day after day with an excuse of a leader that you guys voted (even by not going to vote) is even worse, because you guys have all the privileges in the world (because you stole them)

19 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I’m an American living in Mexico and Im here to say Ashley is an ignorant, typical American whiny *****. In Mexico we have to go refill gas tanks so we can have hot water. The water isn’t drinkable here so we have to go buy water and folks can’t rely on the government for unemployment benefits, so they’re calling random people asking for money or begging for work. Healthcare? :haha: 

There are other things too but I won’t go into it. I’m not living in Mexico against my will but my lord it has made me realize how GOOD we have it in America. Do we have issues that need to be addressed in society? YES. Is America a third world country? NO. 

Be thankful people. 

There's corruption EVERYWHERE. That's a matter of human kind, not of countries or peoples or races. The corruption in the US is just more sophisticated, full of cover-ups. Watch the Jeffree Epstein documentary, that sums it all up: a few rotten powerful "filthy rich" men abusing poor people while constantly avoiding authority and not owning up to their own mistakes. But yeah, you can refill your tanks and have air-conditioning, you're an amazing nation... * rolls eyes *

"Only meant to educate my US followers on how our perception of the US is propagandized. I understand there are countries who are suffering beyond our understanding as a direct result of US imperialism." - Halsey

You're concentrating on the sensationalist title and missing her actual point.

48 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:nonono:

I don't deny there are many problems in the US, and that there may be European countries in better situation, overall, but the US with all of its flaws is still miles better than a real third world country, wherever you look at. 

Maybe she needs to visit Mexico or any other Latin country or some of the poorest places in Africa, to see what a third world country really looks like. Or maybe we should be re-categorized as 4th, 5th, nth world country :haha:

She should visit my country Chile too after her trip to Mexico , we should be her tourists guide PokemonSpears

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block