Madonna makes another five-decade chart history feat on the Hot 100

madonna-bep.jpg.09b8df886952aa0bd6168ecd20f19ae2.jpg

The Black Eyed Peas' current track ,"Mamacita," samples the iconic Latin pop hit, "La Isla Bonita," by the empress of pop herself, Madonna. 

"La Isla Bonita," originally released in 1987 from her 1986 album "True Blue," which sold over 27+ million copies worldwide, becoming the best-selling female album of that decade, peaked at #4 on the US Billboard Hot 100. This was the height of her US career. Which when 1989's "Like a Prayer" happened and people started taking her seriously... that's where the decline in sales began in the US. 

But, never the less, the song was a massive hit in Europe for Madonna and #1 in several countries including the UK. 

Fast forward to 2020, The Black Eyed Peas samples the song throughout the track. They gave Madonna a writing credit.

It's currently at #90 on the Hot 100. 

Madonna is officially the first songwriter to have an appearance on the Hot 100 for Five consecutive decades.

This is an amazing feat. Congrats Madonna!

Here is the original video from 1987 by Madonna. 

And while you're at it... stream the classic 1986 album by Madonna,  which critics have dubbed as the closest thing to anything girly girl from Madonna. 

True Blue is Madonna's own Britney Spears-type album. Never to happen again. 

So, this is Madonna's second record breaking, five-decade achievement.

Madonna did that In February when "I Don't Search, I Find" became Madonna's 50th #1 dance hit. 

It also made Madonna the first artist to achieve a #1 single on any Billboard chart for five consecutive decades.

A feat that is constantly denied by the public because it's not the Hot 100. But if it was any other artist, they'd appreciate it. And now the Hot 100, which I'm sure will be denied cause of how much she is hated. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
59 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok so I played it for the first time. And tell me i'm not the only one singing the chorus of La Isla Bonita while listening to that song. :blol:

Mamacita from me to you :tongueney: enjoy!

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block