Britney's "Soda Pop" Is Underrated

8 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

I’ve always felt the same with E-mail my heart - yeah I suppose it’s a bit Cheesey but that’s what it was like back then, and remember Brit was only a teen herself, it just reflects a time in her life :mhm:

I feel like Soda Pop is disliked so much by “newer” fans for this reason! I lived through the 90’s and bubble gum pop music so I love it. I can see where if you didn’t it could probably sound childish but those were the times! Half of the songs on BOMT have that same tween vibe. Deep In My Heart is one of my favorite tracks and probably one of the most cheesy :yesokay:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I feel like Soda Pop is disliked so much by “newer” fans for this reason! I lived through the 90’s and bubble gum pop music so I love it. I can see where if you didn’t it could probably sound childish but those were the times! Half of the songs on BOMT have that same tween vibe. 

I couldn't have said it better. :mattafact:

14 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I feel like Soda Pop is disliked so much by “newer” fans for this reason! I lived through the 90’s and bubble gum pop music so I love it. I can see where if you didn’t it could probably sound childish but those were the times! Half of the songs on BOMT have that same tween vibe. Deep In My Heart is one of my favorite tracks and probably one of the most cheesy :yesokay:

You either love or hate the bubblegum pop sound. How anyone could hate it I have no idea :brityawning: So sweet sounding 

12 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

You either love or hate the bubblegum pop sound.

Tea. BOMT is actually cohesive. That's why I don't understand those who like the singles or some songs but not like the others / the rest. Like, they all sound the same. Like, how can you say you like FTBOMBH and not like the other ballads, IWSLY or INSLY. It just doesn't make sense to me. :mattafact:

11 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

You either love or hate the bubblegum pop sound. How anyone could hate it I have no idea :brityawning: So sweet sounding 

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Tea. BOMT is actually cohesive. That's why I don't understand those who like the singles or some songs but not like the others / the rest. Like, they all sound the same. Like, how can you say you like FTBOMBH and not like the other ballads, IWSLY or INSLY. It just doesn't make sense to me. :mattafact:

No lies detected :reductive:

16 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

THIS. THE VOLUME IN THIS

36 minutes ago, OOPSY said:

My mom once said that the reason Britney was successful on her debut album it was because of Soda Pop. lol 

I was 9 years old when BOMT album was released so I was like any other kid and listened to only tracks 1 thru 5 over and over.  Well when my mom finally got a car with a CD player, we were listening to the album in the car and my mom literally knew the lyrics to EVERY SONG!  I was so impressed.

15 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

The singles are great, but the non-singles aren't that good and the album overall is weaker than her others (not including Myah Jean). That's also good, because it shows how her later albums are better and this shows that there is progrеss. It's a cute album tho and you may hear it for first time in your life but "The beat goes on" is one of my favorites in the album :)

Yeah, my main point is that after years of hearing her autotuned voice and all, and to have this come on shuffle and just hear her true voice - was awesome

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It’s not a good album, it’s her 2nd weakest after BJ! 

And it's ranked #16 just because it's worldwide success, not because it's an amazing album. It's a good album, but when you compare it with her other albums (not including BJ), it's kinda weak.

Archived