Britney's "Soda Pop" Is Underrated

I was listening to my Britney playlist tonight and Soda Pop came on, and at first I was like wait no way- then I listened to it for the first time in a while and can we just say, WOW! 

I def think this is a classic, as I am sure many of you do too- but if you know her voice this is her true and born style. It almost sounds like she could've recorded it yesterday.. too bad they took over her voice with the autotune and total pop drive, which don't get me wrong- I love,  just wonder what if she would've kept truly singing if she could do more songs like this. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Peter Pan said:

That's my point, I don't think it's one of her weaker albums. Hence why I think it's underrated here lol

The singles are great, but the non-singles aren't that good and the album overall is weaker than her others (not including Myah Jean). That's also good, because it shows how her later albums are better and this shows that there is progrеss. It's a cute album tho and you may hear it for first time in your life but "The beat goes on" is one of my favorites in the album :)

2 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

The singles are great, but the non-singles aren't that good and the album overall is weaker than her others (not including Myah Jean). That's also good, because it shows how her later albums are better and this shows that there is progrеss. It's a cute album tho and you may hear it for first time in your life but "The beat goes on" is one of my favorites in the album :)

I prefer BOMT over some newer albums as well. 

But I'm just happy you think BOMT is better than BJ. So thanks for that :)

10 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well BOMT really isn’t a very good album it’s mostly filler with a few good singles! The bonus tracks are better than half the album! 

I mean the album has been listed as the 16th best female album of all time on Billboard 200 :teigen: Somehow I don’t think it’s one of her worse albums lol, including the ‘filler songs’ :mhm:

23 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I’ve always liked the song since the first time I heard it over 20 years ago. I never understood why it gets so much hate from this fan base... Britney has put our far more worse songs in her career, period. :lessons:

I’ve always felt the same with E-mail my heart - yeah I suppose it’s a bit Cheesey but that’s what it was like back then, and remember Brit was only a teen herself, it just reflects a time in her life :mhm:

Archived