I listened to Britney Jean for the first time tonight!

10pm24

I know we should move on but this is my first time talking about it so just let me :frenchy:

Apart from WB and Perfume I‘ve never really listened to it before and can’t blame myself with the B-Army shi.t.ting on it BUT tonight I let Myah take the wheel to see more without B-Army’s map :tongueney: 
First of all, I’d like to say...come on! It’s actually a cute album. Not that bad!  :orly:  Just not what I would expect from Britney knowing her previous work but it’s kinda better without gp knowing it exists though cuz the Myah scandal could’ve hurt Britney’s already non-existent singing reputation among the gp :gross: 

BUT the thing is, I believe I managed to reckognize Britney’s vocals and I like the way she sounds in the parts where I can hear out of the overly produced parts. She sounds a bit more natural and consistent like Mood Ring and she doesn’t really do the chipmunk vocals. In fact, Myah imitates them more than Britney even does in the record :pieceofwhat: I think Myah sings a bit too parodic.

To talk about the lyrical concepts, I think it might be the most diverse Britney album for this criteria :juggingu:
I mean, at least she and her fellow band mate Myah  sings about more emotional situations along with S.e.ks :gagasmile: and the lyrics succeeded at making me feel them. Some of them sounded genuine and vulnerable. I hope Britney’s writing credits are true :qtbrit:

And I like what they wanted to do for the production BUT what I don’t like is how they did it in a sloppy way and without thinking about how to improve some certain parts that lack something. :outwithit:

MY TOP 6 AFTER THE FIRST IMPRESSION:

1- Hold On Tight (just wow!)

2-Alien (but the glitch...)

3-Don’t Cry

4- Perfume

5- Till It’s Gone (I know...”EDM mess” but I can’t help)
6- Passenger

Honorable Mentions:

Body Ache

Brightest Morning Star

The One I Can’t Finish: 

Chillin’ With Lou (what even is that :haha:)

And that’s it. I know I’m gonna flop with my first thread but I needed to get away from my assignments after a huge breakdown and it’s better to do this review here than just doing it in my mind :yaknow:

Enjoy this article my dear reader @10pm24 love ya! :hibebe:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Aah, then Exhale was full of soulmates when I joined and everyone was praising the album  :tbh:

Don’t lump me in that category, I just thought it was an okay album not her greatest. :awks:

It's not that bad. It's popular to make fun of it and call it all these names but it's not terrible. I would still probably say it's my least favorite album of her's to date. I just wish the album sounded more polished. If the vocal production was mixed more like Femme Fatale I don't think the album would get as much hate as it gets. But I do agree that lyrically it's her most adventurous album. It's cute but it's not my fave. I think Glory is the superior album sonically and lyrically, however.

Something I like about this album, is that it's very short and like, easy to digest. It's like a roller coaster of rhythms and moods and each song is so distinguishable. I used to listen to it every day in 2014 on my commute to college, and it was always over by the time I entered my first class. It made the trip less boring. 

40 minutes ago, Angels970 said:

it’s look like unfinished/unpolished album 

like bunch of demos :gross:

there is even a glitch on alien at 2:15  :ineedthetruth:

I mentioned the sloppy production and the glitch. Ikr they bothered me, too. But idunno maybe I have a fetish for listening to britney demos :mcorangu:  

36 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Something I like about this album, is that it's very short and like, easy to digest. It's like a roller coaster of rhythms and moods and each song is so distinguishable.

It felt exactly like that! :plzexplain:

Archived