Poutsos

"Before becoming one of the world's most important and influential pop legends, Britney Spears was living life in a small southern town by the name of Kentwood, Louisiana." And with those words, Kassie Thibodeaux opens her petition to replace the confederate statues  in New Orleans with statues of Louisiana hero Britney Spears!

Is this old news? Because I just caught wind of this. With all the social justice reforms happening, many fans of Britney are signing a petition, to have the Confederate Statues removed, and replaced with a statue of our Princess of Pop in Louisiana. The petition outlines many ways in which Britney has given back to communities in Louisiana over the years, which is true.

The petition started by Kassie Thibodeaux, reads as follows:

"Before becoming one of the world's most important and influential pop legends, Britney Spears was living life in a small southern town by the name of Kentwood, Louisiana," she wrote in the petition's description. "Not only has Britney proven her talent, but she's proven her strength of character by not only overcoming highly publicized mental breakdown, but by continuously working towards improving herself. She's an inspiration to millions."

At first one might think "Wait, what? A statue of Brit-Brit?" but it makes sense. Britney has done some very importan things, including donating thousands to Hurricane Katrina in 2006, and also more recently, a portion of her ticket sales in Vegas were donated to schools for flood recovery.

"Do the right thing: Replace the Confederate statues with an actual Louisiana hero and influential human being, Britney Spears," Thibodeaux wrote in conclusion.

As of time of writing, the petition has 28,282 signatures + mine now! gymnastics thumbs up GIFThe goal is 35,000!

In a similar manner on the website, another petition is calling for statues of Dolly Parton to be erected in place of Confederate monuments across Tennessee.

I'm down for erecting of our fav legendary artists. How does everyone feel about this? I think we should have a statue for every one of her MTV performances. Weigh in below, and head over to change.org to sign that petition and get Miss Britney erected! black and white running GIF

https://www.change.org/p/john-bel-edwards-replace-confederate-statues-in-new-orleans-with-statues-of-louisiana-hero-britney-spears-a6d887db-e1d4-462b-b0f0-0c553066308a

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived