Nicki Minaj has the worst discography in all of music (opinion)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nicki Minaj has the worst discography in the history of music. While Nicki does have some bops (I was a barb from 2008-2014), the bad songs outweigh the good. I went to Spotify and put “this is Nicki

Damn, I'm thankful for this bait-azz thread because it reminded me of how good "Beez in the Trap" and "I'm Out" are. 

We all know Nicki will be that Queen. She’s iconic in the music industry and has lasted for years. She’s the blueprint to today’s female rappers. No female has maintained a rap career for as long as h

Posted Images

• Exhale+

If left eye was alive. Nicki wouldn't have happened.

Now that's a rapper.

Not ******, but just a tease. Not about the ideas of a male ****** fantasy.

But about her, life her spirit and actually being honest about life.

Not the fantasy world that Nicki made. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Just now, Spicechinodiva said:

If left eye was alive. Nicki wouldn't have happened.

Now that's a rapper.

Not ******, but just a tease. Not about the ideas of a male ****** fantasy.

But about her, life her spirit and actually being honest about life.

Not the fantasy world that Nicki made. 

I agree. I also think if Aaliyah was alive, Beyoncé wouldn’t be as big as she is. I also think Jay-Z would’ve tried to marry Aaliyah since he and Damon Dash both fought over her. But no shade to Beyoncé because I am a fan

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Unpopular opinion but ‘Come See About Me’ was my favorite song on Queen next to ‘Bed’ (that may say something about my musical taste) I agree her discography is a bit all over the place but when you’ve been in the game for over two decades and have been able to stay relevant I see her discography as a ‘pink print’ for how to evolve with musical trends something that a lot of artists struggle to do.

You could look at anyone’s discography and pick the highs and lows, even Britney has had some questionable discography...

drag race choices GIF by Rupauls Drag Race All Stars

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Ben-Jar-Min said:

Unpopular opinion but ‘Come See About Me’ was my favorite song on Queen next to ‘Bed’ (that may say something about my musical taste) I agree her discography is a bit all over the place but when you’ve been in the game for over two decades and have been able to stay relevant I see her discography as a ‘pink print’ for how to evolve with musical trends something that a lot of artists struggle to do.

You could look at anyone’s discography and pick the highs and lows, even Britney has had some questionable discography...

drag race choices GIF by Rupauls Drag Race All Stars

The bad outweigh the good with nickis discography. Everyone has bad songs in their discography and most of Britney Jean is a stain on Britney’s discography. But I cannot think of any other artist that has more BAD songs in their discography than Nicki Minaj. That’s the risk you take jumping onto everyone’s d_ck. I mean song. Your discography defines you and hers is a tragedy. Not one classic hip hop song...her biggest hits are dance pop 

one direction no GIFnicki minaj crying GIF

5 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

The bad outweigh the good with nickis discography. Everyone has bad songs in their discography and most of Britney Jean is a stain on Britney’s discography. But I cannot think of any other artist that has more BAD songs in their discography than Nicki Minaj. That’s the risk you take jumping onto everyone’s d_ck. I mean song.

I think that’s it. Because she’s had so many songs, features, remix’s her discography is lengthy. However because of those artists wanting to work with her because of the impact of having her name featured on a song we also got some good songs from it. I mean can you imagine living in a world without Nicki Minaj’s BTS Icon verse?! 😉

Just now, Ben-Jar-Min said:

I think that’s it. Because she’s had so many songs, features, remix’s her discography is lengthy. However because of those artists wanting to work with her because of the impact of having her name featured on a song we also got some good songs from it. I mean can you imagine a world with Nicki Minaj’s BTS Icon verse?! 😉

🤣 but that’s why she ruined her discography. She didn’t do it for artistry. She grabbed as much low hanging fruit as possible just to say she has 109 hot 100 entries. And now her discography is complete trash. But even her album tracks have more bad than good.

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

4 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I wouldn’t go that far. She deffo does t appeal to all music tastes, but to say she has the worst discography in music isn’t right. But I’d say that Super Bass is one of the finest examples of a Amazing Modern POP Song, it slays. 

I’m not saying Nicki doesn’t have at least 10 solid bops. I’m saying her discography as a whole is a complete tragedy. More bad songs than good...and that’s not how a discography is supposed to be. She’s got more bad songs than anyone I can think of. Just worthless collaborations that ruined her legacy in my opinion. She should’ve been on a legendary level by now...but instead she’s collaborating with lil skittle himself, 6ixty9ine cents doing 💩 like this:nicki minaj 6ix9ine GIF

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Nicki Has Always Been A “One In Five” Artist To Me.  For Every One Bop She Has Four  God - Awful Songs.  But, Nicki Has Made Some Truly Remarkable Hip - Hop Songs.  “Anaconda” Changed The Game In Modern Day Urban Contemporary Music, She Re - Popularised The Genre.  I Think Nicki Tried To Hard To Make Mainstream And Radio Ready Music, That She Failed At Making Any Really Good Music.  

• Like 2
  • Exhale+
12 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Nicki Has Always Been A “One In Five” Artist To Me.  For Every One Bop She Has Four  God - Awful Songs.  But, Nicki Has Made Some Truly Remarkable Hip - Hop Songs.  “Anaconda” Changed The Game In Modern Day Urban Contemporary Music, She Re - Popularised The Genre.  I Think Nicki Tried To Hard To Make Mainstream And Radio Ready Music, That She Failed At Making Any Really Good Music.  

Agree.

Notice how she disses her early pop hits. 

She can sing. She can do that style. Which kim can't. She should do a singing record. Queen Latifah did several jazz records after Chicago and her Oscar nominated role as Mama Morton gave her an actual second phase. 

Also

Spoiler

25 points:mattafact:

7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Agree.

Notice how she disses her early pop hits. 

She can sing. She can do that style. Which kim can't. She should do a singing record. Queen Latifah did several jazz records after Chicago and her Oscar nominated role as Mama Morton gave her an actual second phase. 

Also

Hide contents

25 points:mattafact:

Nicki cannot sing. I personally think her singing ruins the song entirely. Especially when she holds notes for way too long...I think she even does that 💩 in trollz

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
10 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Nicki cannot sing. I personally think her singing ruins the song entirely. Especially when she holds notes for way too long...I think she even does that 💩 in trollz

10 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

She does turn 40 in 2022. So she will eventually have to put clothes on and find age appropriate topics to discuss 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She does turn 40 in 2022. So she will eventually have to put clothes on and find age appropriate topics to discuss 

If she hasn’t started rapping about more age appropriate topics in 13 years, I don’t think she’s going to suddenly start singing “we are the world” type songs at 40 while wearing a choir robe 😂 this is Nicki. She will never grow artistically. She will still be doing this ⬇️ at 70 when she accepts her lifetime achievement award from WeTvnicki minaj anaconda GIF

good form GIF by Nicki Minaj

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Ok I agree her discography is bad and that’s me being polite. 

I’m not defending her discography in any way because she has some TERRIBLE songs it was clear she was just about the hot 100 entries and not about quality. Some of her raps are good (kissing strangers and side to side) and some are pure trash in my opinion. She is so inconsistent which makes me wonder if she really writes the good ones. I mean cuz if you did wouldn’t all your tracks be that good? 

but I actually love masquerade, to me the song is about self acceptance “You can be who you want/ Be who you is never be what you aren't“ I think that songs have different meanings for different people and I love come see about me, her sadness is so real. I feel like she is singing from the heart on that track. 

I stan those two tracks but I agree with your point