Wtf happened to Aguilera?

conceptuel

Just discovered her 'Back to Basics' era :britlol:

well, I'm a 2002, but I somehow knew about that era (Hurt, her retro looks, Candyman) more than the 'Stripped one' (I only knew Beautiful) but I've got a question:

why the **** only 3 singles when she was at her vocal peak, her beauty peak (she outshined Britney tbh, looked like a doll), her creativity peak (30s-40s-50s: how many MVs could've she done with that ****? How many themes?), and more than 20 songs on that album, let alone the tour (the remixes, the various themes)?

PS: notice how 'Candyman' outshined in the long term all her MVs despite not being her biggest commercial success, more views than Riccus on YouTube).

Did she try to sabotage herself? I mean, a lot of people love that kind of stuff, aesthetics & performances, she could've done so much more (VMAs etc) and pushed for way more MVs. 

and after that era, she just vanished and became a feature artist out of shape?

bionic lol, imagine listening to B2B & right after that Bionic

lotus? 2 trashy MVs & disappears once again

liberation was also a mess, lmao I can't at people waiting for 6 years for that era 

& why didn't she tour for more than 10 years? same for oversea promotion? 

Is she the laziest celebrity of the 2000s? 

& she looks terrible today, she needs to get her **** together

but I think that 160 million dollars net worth is enough for her :rlynow: still, if you don't care about fame, instead of realising ****ty albums, you could experiment the kind of sound that you claim to love (soul, blue etc) :rlynow: I watched most of her 2010s MVs lately, and I can't even tell you what happened in these, all forgettable as **** :rlynow: outofshapetina in a white background screaming with a cheap instrumental :ehum:

I thought that Britney was a pro at self-sabotaging, and here I discover in depth Aguilera's work :cackling:

well, hope that somebody can answer some of my questions :pieceofwhat:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators

I think she didn't do anymore music videos because she didn't have to, her back basics era was very successful for her and yes that was her beauty peak. The thing with back to basics was that since it was a throw back theme album she couldn't sit on that for too long it would have gotten old real quick. Christina is known to be very transformative, non of her eras look the same at all, she's always very bold and different so she herself would not have lingered for too long on that era and look. 

In regards to Bionic and Lotus I have to disagree, those albums have some very beautiful songs. The time in between each album was enough of a gap to give the listener time to transition and adapt into the new era. 

Liberation was a mess, that I do agree with, not one interesting song on that album honestly lol. Hopefully she comes back with something good. 

Also one thing that does annoy me by her is how long she takes to release music. :sendinglove: 

I wanna be there when you touch fire

She losed like Focus dirección

B2B was good at the moment something different, but the tour 4 me is like a Bad show too much she forgot her lead singles and Bad remixes i don't like b2b tour

The other projects was not her Best peak, she ls great for soul and Urban rythms, electropop and rock is not for her . 

Si she need to Focus pm a Justin Timberlake type of álbum and comeback and her first 2 albums for me was todo great the self titled and stripped

I remember cringing that Britney chose the circus theme too since Christina had just recently done it and we can all imagine the hell Christina would’ve had to pay had the roles been reversed. I guess it was kind of a getting even since Christina did try and capitalize off Britney’s fame :yaknow: no shade to either cause I love them both 

i think she had a big head and was arrogant and wouldn't listen to anyone. It reminds me of Mary J Bliges radio interview "Britney can't sing like you but she will go further because she knows how to treat her people". Aguileras career really started declining after Bionic and she would never really attain another solo hit. I think people really didn't like her attitude on The Voice. She just seems really pressed and negative. She chases catty interactions and has attacked Britney and other artists in a petty jealous way throughout her career because she wasn't attaining their success. Her numbers for The Experience I saw and heard we're not that impressive in comparison to Britney or Jennifer when she is supposed to be "the voice". I love her but she's mean and catty. We have performers and singers. So where do she really fit in now.

she unlikely britney, developed a healthy personal life and was in touch with her motherhood, she was in control of her life she had no one putting her back to the business. she made money, she raised her kids, yeah, she was quite lazy, she had no pressure to be next Madonna or something. I wacthed her interviews, you people should watch more interviews of artists u like  to understand them and where they come from. she didn't want to tour and work with her little kids wanting attention, she was 'afraid' to be on road and such.

her eras weren't about herself it's like theme eras.
Christina Aguilera's debut wasn't her.
The stripped era was her.
B2B wasn't her, it was a themed album.
Bionic is her peak as an artist and her connections.
Lotus is just a weak album, I think she wasn't in the right place at that time, pure pressure. 
Liberation is her trying to follow trends and look cool and current.

Archived