Katy Perry is happy she's no longer on top of the music industry

1 hour ago, Paranomia said:

There is tons of music I listen to that don’t hit the charts. Just cause someone doesn't chart doesn’t mean there a flop at all and dosent mean the music isn’t good. I can name handful of songs that I think that are way better then what’s on the charts now. 

I don't think people make fun of Katy just because her new songs aren't doing well; it's the fact that she had monumental chart success in the early 2010s yet can't even get a Top 10 single now that most of us find ironic. Among other things like karma getting her back for her mean spirited comments about Britney...

If she were just another indie artist who was struggling to break into the main music market then maybe nobody would care, but this is Katy "9 #1 hits" Perry. :canthandleit:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
On 14/6/2020 at 14:21, bas che said:

Su reinado fue incomparable, todos tienen que admitirlo.

Su éxito está a la altura de sus contemporáneos como Rihanna, Taylor Swift y Gaga. Ariana y Billie siguen siendo Geri para incluso participar en esta conversación.

El pico de Katy tal vez haya pasado, pero nadie puede negar su influencia e impacto en la cultura pop, y eso proviene de alguien que apenas se llama fanático. 

Jajajajajajja really?

18 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

US i agree.

But @JordanMiller

And countless others will tell you. In Europe Madonna's popularity never waned. 

In fact in the 90s. She sold more in countries like Italy, The UK and a few others. That several press including the US stated Madonna might not be the prime star she once was in the US. But in Europe her popularity never waned or decreased it just got bigger cos Europe understood her more cos they aren't as conservative when it comes to humsn issues. Sexuality and nudity aren't a scandal in Europe. 

I agree.

I guess I was thinking of the type of world domination "number one worldwide, press attention all the time" kind of thing that Katy had for a few years, not the "famous here, less popular there, no longer popular over here" that some artists struggle so much to adjust to.

• Super Mods
On 6/14/2020 at 12:35 PM, ol123 said:

Now we all know this is a lie :tiffcackle:

She just wants to seem like she's a flop and proud when she isn't, she's just a flop. :chrissy: 

I can see how its easy to think this, but I think she's genuine. I was never her fan but I think that ALL the major players in pop get tired of being at their top game (with the exception of Madonna but I think she's a narcissist and runs on it tbh). Being on top includes so many things, having to always look good and fit, having to always put out the best possible music (which takes so much time to bring to perfection), constantly best choreos, etc. It's just so much effort that I think nearly everyone gets exhausted from. I think the price is high.

• Like 1

Look, I like Daisies, and I really want to give her a 2nd chance, but she’s really shown no growth as a person (which I think is a big reason she doesn’t have much of a fan base anymore) or as an artist. Also.... I’m pretty sure I remember her saying something about how she always wants her music to do well and ppl to like it because she puts “so much of herself” into it during the Witness era, or after it flopped? and now she’s saying this? I’m not buying it Karen 

Damn! Some of y’all are so negative. You talk about other artists the way that people used to talk about Britney Spears. I don't  understand why someone wants to spend their time and energy on here writing negative things. It’s pretty pathetic if you ask me.  I understand having a discussion and questioning things, but to drag someone so hard like this is so unnecessary.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, E.E. said:

Damn! Some of y’all are so negative. You talk about other artists the way that people used to talk about Britney Spears. I don't  understand why someone wants to spend their time and energy on here writing negative things. It’s pretty pathetic if you ask me.  I understand having a discussion and questioning things, but to drag someone so hard like this is so unnecessary.

Tell them girl!:meryell: me agrees

4 minutes ago, Needleney said:

Tell them girl!:meryell: me agrees

😘

You have to be really unhappy with your own life to write such horrible things about someone. I don’t even have the energy to drag someone like Lea Michele, who is actually a really bad person. I’m just glad people are sharing their stories about her and taking back their power. I just hope she learns her lesson. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block