Katy Perry is happy she's no longer on top of the music industry

Exhale is so temperamental :makeup:

Where’d all the Katy Cats go? There was heaps. And what, now they drag Katy because they can’t claim the chart clout anymore? :clownery:

But good on her for not caring. And even if it is to stop people dragging her, can’t blame the woman for wanting to get off the hate train. 

Harleys In Hawaii was better than all of Witness. She’s still winning. You can’t be on top forever. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

Also, I hate, hate, HATE the blonde hair on her! It ages her significantly. The dark hair was iconic (the only thing iconic about her tbh), made her stand out, and was breathtakingly gorgeous on her. The blonde makes her look like....idk...but I don’t like it. 

A lot of opinions coming out of OnlyFacts :demi:

I didn’t like the blonde pixie cut but I like the long blond hair. I think she looks stunning, actually. But you’re right, her dark locks are iconic. I think the change to her image was the biggest factor in her downfall (and the woke pop witness mess). 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

A lot of opinions coming out of OnlyFacts :demi:

I didn’t like the blonde pixie cut but I like the long blond hair. I think she looks stunning, actually. But you’re right, her dark locks are iconic. I think the change to her image was the biggest factor in her downfall (and the woke pop witness mess). 

It’s not really an opinion that the black hair looks the best on Katy. 

:demi:

I only state facts 

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

I find this hard to believe. All of a sudden she is comfy with losing something she bragged about for 10+ years. Mmm. People grow and evolve so hopefully it's true, but sounds far fetched. 

Anyways, in general people should get used to this. This happens to every pop star and pretty much,this is life. Regarding music, it's pretty darn impossible to be the number one forever. I know, Madonna hasn't gotten the memo, but anyways.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bigno said:

I find this hard to believe. All of a sudden she is comfy with losing something she bragged about for 10+ years. Mmm. People grow and evolve so hopefully it's true, but sounds far fetched. 

Anyways, in general people should get used to this. This happens to every pop star and pretty much,this is life. Regarding music, it's pretty darn impossible to be the number one forever. I know, Madonna hasn't gotten the memo, but anyways.

But Madonna actually lasted 3 decades on top. That's impressive 

Not everybody has that longevity.

Even with Britney Madonna remained on top. It wasn't until Lady gaga happened that it ended. It's not her fault she got comfortable. You would too if you were the top of the top for 30 years. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But Madonna actually lasted 3 decades on top. That's impressive 

Not everybody has that longevity.

Even with Britney Madonna remained on top. It wasn't until Lady gaga happened that it ended. It's not her fault she got comfortable. You would too if you were the top of the top for 30 years. 

I think slightly differently. I am not taking away her accomplishments and legacy, but she wasn't on top for 30 years at all. It wasn't Gaga who "ended" anything. Nobody eneded anything for Madonna, she just slowly lost relevancy, like any and every pop singer. What was and still is reference are her prime years, which were way behind her by the time Britney hit it big.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Bigno said:

I think slightly differently. I am not taking away her accomplishments and legacy, but she wasn't on top for 30 years at all. It wasn't Gaga who "ended" anything. Nobody eneded anything for Madonna, she just slowly lost relevancy, like any and every pop singer. What was and still is reference are her prime years, which were way behind her by the time Britney hit it big.

US i agree.

But @JordanMiller

And countless others will tell you. In Europe Madonna's popularity never waned. 

In fact in the 90s. She sold more in countries like Italy, The UK and a few others. That several press including the US stated Madonna might not be the prime star she once was in the US. But in Europe her popularity never waned or decreased it just got bigger cos Europe understood her more cos they aren't as conservative when it comes to humsn issues. Sexuality and nudity aren't a scandal in Europe. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I know people will think, of course she said that because she's flopping. 

TBH, I think this is a very healthy mindset for her to have. Chart chasing leads to nowhere good. Make the music you want to make regardless of the charts. She'll be much happier in the long run. 

Lest we forget....”Charmbracelet” and “Glitter” came before “The Emancipation of Mimi”....it ain’t over til it’s over Katherine. 

22 hours ago, brycetippe said:

I feel like we're so quick to dismiss artists. Tons of iconic artists have had ebbs and flows in their careers. She may have a hit in the future or may not. She's still successful and we shouldn't be making fun of someone for 'failing'. It's cruel and unnecessary. 

A lot of people don’t realize that Madonna wasn’t number one for quite some time in her career and look at her now! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block