The top 20 Banned songs

Spicechinodiva

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/14/the-greatest-banned-songs-of-all-time-ranked

From Olivia Newton John's Physical, To Madonna's Justify my love. The guardian looks at the top 20 banned songs Around the world

Couple of standouts

Judas By Lady gaga. In Lebanon, thus track caused controversy so did several subjects of LGBT,  religion and a few others the country finds insensitive to their culture. The album was banned.  And was lifted once an approved Lebanon version was issued 

Removing Born this way, Judas, Bloody Mary, Black Jesus Amen fashion and of course Heavy metal lover. This Lebanese edit is only available there. Needless to say Gaga was unhappy about the changes stating she would rather be banned than to have her Art have an edit approved by the government.

Let's also not forget that her tour in Asia and The middle east were slapped wuth age restrictions meaning nobody under 18 or 21 could attend the gaga concert. Ironically Madonna's rebel heart tour of Asia didn't have the same fate. Only Singapore had an approved setlist and strict 18 and older.

Don't get me started on Jakarta. 

Gaga had to cancel a sold out show due to the government threatening to kill her and such. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived