Introducing... #Hashtags!

• Leader
11 minutes ago, asterix said:

How am I going to write something "kind" for an alt tag/standard search function that's nowhere near the hashtag feature? It isn't even working as it should. I dare you to use your brain for once and look for a nice feature that's actually useful instead of trying to copy Twitter.

"Hashtag application" :cackling: You mean the edited tag-feature/standard search function. 
A successful community. Is that so? Because just few months ago you kept telling us that you wouldn't even have ads anymore onsite because according to you "you didn't need those and you wanted just to give usss an ad-free nice community" yet here we are now, with a desperate "Exhale+" subscription for 3 dollars, with you grasping for dear life on your ads, an enhanced a.d.blocker detector(which btw is easy to bypass and I bypassed everything on your site LMAO) and you even restrict your guests from viewing the site freely and force them to register. From having guests lurkers, you now have registered lurkers :cackling: they don't even post.:shadelaugh:

A successful community does not rely on the above. 00psie! Truth hurts I know :shadelaugh:
I'm all for a better community. I support that, but seeing stupid ideas and features/apps that are a guaranteed fail is just tragic if not hilarious.

I wish you were as good at solutions as you are at identifying "problems." Finding problems is super easy to do. Takes literally no effort. I would entertain your shenanigans more if my brain didn't just categorize you into the troll file. You aren't here to elevate Exhale. This doesn't appear to be the right community for you and I'm ok with that. 

• Like 1
  • Leader
16 minutes ago, asterix said:

I don't need ADS GUYS, I WANT TO GIVE U AN AD-FREE EXHALE BECAUZEEEE THIS COMMUNITY IS GREATT AND SUCCESSFULLLL

Literally never said I was going to give an ad-free Exhale. For subscribers, yes, which is still the case. 

-Enhanced a.d.b.lock detector LMAO

Not sure why that's so funny to you. Imagine going to your job (which I would like to know what you do btw) and your boss is like, 'yeah, I'm just gonna take away 20% of your paycheck just cause.' That's basically what an ad block mechanism does. So of course I am going to do my best to stop people from visiting Exhale with an ad blocker. It's literally stealing from Exhale and inhibiting it from growing. This is a community, but it's also a business. 

-Subscriptions for 3 dollars.

Subscription idea is dope and I stand by it. Working on some things right now that'll improve functionality and access for subscribers. Think it's a bad idea? Don't subscribe. Simple.

-Restricting guests from viewing Exhale and forcing them to register.

Yes, it's called a registration wall. Because I would rather have people provide an email address to view unlimited access. Now I can email them important Exhale-related information and stories. An email database is extremely important for reach and growth. It's also one step closer to commenting. I have had a lot of people reach out to me saying they lurked for years but didn't register cause they didn't need to. Now they have and are beginning to comment. How is this a bad thing in any way? If people don't want to register, they can still read two topics per day without logging in. On average, a visitor reads three topics per day, so for the most part people are still getting their access. 

-You trying to copy Twitter/IG to bring people from there...here!

I guess if you want to call the hashtags application me copying Twitter/Ig, then sure. Hashtags are universally used on the Internet. Even if I was copying Twitter or IG... and? They're some of the most powerful sites/apps on the Internet. Why wouldn't I want to emulate them? 

"Successful community" though! :shadelaugh:

Yup. It is. Thousands of people come here every single day. People are connecting and engaging with one another. Talking about things in life they care about. That is the spice of life, so yes, to me, Exhale is successful. I would love to hear what you're doing in your life to move the needle and make the world a better place. 

You want solutions? Easy! How about you start using your brain for starters and LISTEN to what people tell you? And oh actually I do have solutions but they won't be for free sweetie. I don't give **** for free sorry not sorry :cackling:

I do listen my friend. That's why Exhale is solely what BreatheHeavy is now. But when someone takes a **** all over me and my site, that's where I draw a line in the sand. And please notice how I'm still treating you with respect while I'm not receiving that from you in return. As for your fees and advice... keep it. I couldn't work with someone who has such opposing views on Exhale. Your services would be better utilized elsewhere. However, I do want to thank you for loving Exhale. Clearly anyone who has this much time to respond to me about this community deep down loves it... whether you care to admit that or not is up to you ;) 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, asterix said:

Nah back then you literally said you were going to keep exhale ad free because you were like "oh this lovely community and I wanna make it the best experience for everyone". You weren't talking for subscribers. Don't try to twist it now.

Yes it is very funny to me. Because you try to insist that "its successful community" yet you try NOW to block people from using a.d.blocker. Well guess what, you can't restrict users from not using blocker. They WILL use it for your ridiculously MANY ads that are horribly placed from what I remember anyways on the site on both mobile/desktop and make it harder for your members to use the site. Not to mention the ridiculously many cookies :cackling:

You forcing people to register is hilarious. Just because YOU want it, doesn't mean people want the same with you. You can encourage them to register without forcing them. I mean think about it... if the guests don't feel interested enough to REGISTER to take part in conversations.. what makes you think forcing them will change their mind? They will register and just go back to lurking while being registered members. So from having guests lurkers you went to having registered lurkers. 
Instead of forcing people why don't you try to capture their interest to urge them to register AND participate in discussions? 
"A lot of people reach out to me" What are those "lot" of people ? 1-2 people = lot? Okay sure :cackling:

Because Hashtags don't WORK on forums. But what do you know lmao... you have a website for 15 years and you don't know jack **** about it, or even any coding whatsoever. You DON'T know how forums work and what WORKS on them better. Like.. you didn't even care for Exhale for over 10+ years and you only started "caring" now since few months, because it's activity hit rock bottom.
Twitter/IG are different. Forums have flexibility with engaging in topics/creating threads/discussions much more freely vs twitters limitations/nature. Twitter needs the hashtags because it does not have the flexibility forums do. Forums do not need hashtags and hence why no successful forums use those. You think these far more successful forums owners are idiots but suddenly you are the genius with the hashtags? Okay... :cackling:

I stopped there. Sorry but I need few minutes to laugh out as loud as I can :shadelaugh:

No worries, my services are much better utilized elsewhere. I wouldn't want to work for you even if you wanted to, I only offered a mere advice and that won't be for free sorry :cackling:

Oh trust me, If I weren't treating you with respect and honesty, you would hear from me a far harsher criticism for the s.h.i.t you add on Exhale. Be thankful.

Why are you even here? I’m genuinely concerned for your well being if you’re this upset about hashtags and keep returning to a site you seem to hate just to **** on it. It says a lot :teigen:

17 minutes ago, asterix said:

Why are you even quoting me? Do you have a problem with me coming in this thread to talk about this tag/search function feature? I saw it being removed for "updates" like jordan said (aka the app has problems) and got back in this thread to post about it. Do.you.have.a.problem.with.that?
I'm genuinely concerned for YOUR well being if you are this upset to quote me about my criticism on a failed "hashtag"-to-be feature. It indeed says a lot about you :teigen:

I’m quoting you because I find your attitude disgusting and I don’t like how you’re treating Jordan. It’s very hard for me to sit by and watch someone unfairly get attacked and not stand up for them, especially when it’s someone like Jordan who has been doing his best to make the site continuously better.

I think constructive criticism is good and I’m glad you’re voicing your concerns. However, you’re not being constructive with your criticism, you’re just being unabashedly derogatory in your criticism. You’re being rude just to be rude. 

I hope you find peace and happiness with whatever is truly bothering you in your life, because clearly, you must have worse things going on if you choose to spend your free time tearing others down for entertainment. :girlbye:

• Leader
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Why are you even here? I’m genuinely concerned for your well being if you’re this upset about hashtags and keep returning to a site you seem to hate just to **** on it. It says a lot :teigen:

Literally came here to write this. Could only get through a few sentences of their last post before I kept scrolling lol. Imagine hating a place yet refusing to leave. Exhale’s impact :barbie:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

I’m quoting you because I find your attitude disgusting and I don’t like how you’re treating Jordan. It’s very hard for me to sit by and watch someone unfairly get attacked and not stand up for them, especially when it’s someone like Jordan who has been doing his best to make the site continuously better.

I think constructive criticism is good and I’m glad you’re voicing your concerns. However, you’re not being constructive with your criticism, you’re just being unabashedly derogatory in your criticism. You’re being rude just to be rude. 

I hope you find peace and happiness with whatever is truly bothering you in your life, because clearly, you must have worse things going on if you choose to spend your free time tearing others down for entertainment. :girlbye:

Really appreciate the support 😭. It means a lot. 🙏🙏🙏❤️

• Leader
33 minutes ago, asterix said:

I don't care whether you find my attitude good or not and you are not Jordan's babysitter either. I find it funny you perceive valid criticism as an "attack". Since the first day of this supposed "hashtag" feature I criticized it because I saw what exactly it is. And also I noticed the problems it actually has since day 1. :shadelaugh:

Are you like 5 or something? What does my life have to do with voicing valid criticism on a failed "hashtag"-to-be feature? Your "logic" = anyone that criticizes something, they must have horrible lives? LMAO 
Don't quote me again. You can't even argue against the points I made in my earlier posts, you only quoted me with useless **** just... stop wtf :cackling:

No one is arguing against the points you’ve made because no one wants to waste their precious energy on something so futile. I wish you peace for whatever you may have going on in your personal life. Happy people don’t write like you. I’m sure you will have an argument to deny that, but I hope you can find some space and peace to find relief with whatever you’re going through on a subconscious level. If you want to private message me to talk about it I’m here for you. For now, I’m done engaging in this back and forth. #love

• 4 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block