Alanis Morissette released jagged little pill 25 years ago.

Spicechinodiva

https://music.apple.com/us/album/jagged-little-pill-collectors-edition/1031419290

Alanis Morissette issued the iconic female singer songwriter album

Jagged  little pill on this day in 1995.

The album released by Madonna's Maverick records.

The album is credited by birthing the female rage. Anger about men, *** abd religion. 

It's also the best selling Release on Madonna's Label.

16X platinum in the US. 

30+ Million sold worldwide 

Won the Grammy for album of the yesr (earning the forever wrath of the lambs), Best rock song. Best rock album and Best pop album. 

No she didn't win best new artist as rumors said she did. She wasn't even nominated as her Two Canadian releases disqualified her at the time.

Ironically when The Spice girls and backstreet boys arrived in 97. She was happy as she started to feel like she started a trend that wasn't going anywhere but down

"I came at the right time, right off the end of the grunge era. I extended it a little bit. But let's be honest. Grunge was going to die since The king of that music genre Kurt Cobain took the genre when he died. But I'm glad to know that I'm the female grunge queen. Something Courtney love tried to be but failed all at the same time.,"

Alanis on how Madonna was the only one willing to sign her.

Madonna on signing Alanis Morissette and other left field acts like Deftones and Prodigy. Acts that typical record labeks would pass cos they value money over art. Charts and success over artistic integrity 

@JordanMiller

@Roxxy

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived