P!NK is the biggest American female act in Australia since Madonna.

Spicechinodiva

To tell you Pink is underrated here. But in Australia as @babyimmafreak90 can tell you. She's the biggestAmerican female pop act since Madonna.

Several of her tours are actually the highest grossing tours in the Australian market..

Several of her albums are in the top 100 best selling albums in Australia of all time..

Her Rod Laver Arena stops. Broke Australia's Very own Kylie minogue attendance records. To even beat Melbourne's biggest act in her own hometown. 

Many US acts skip Australia.  But P!NK actually doesn't and when she tours Australia.  She devotes a good 6 to 8 months to that market itself. 

It does upset some Australian teens. That acts Like Ariana grande and others don't get the respect that Pink does.

I asked a few Australians why Pink is so successful there. 

It was very simple. 

"She has the same attitude and humor about life like we do"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s true. Aussies love them some P!nk. She’s very successful here, gets a lot of radio play and her shows are always a spectacle. I’ve seen her live 3 times (‘04, ‘07 and ‘13) and it was always entertaining, even if your not a stan (I’m not a stan, but a fan up until ‘13). 

As you mentioned, she broke Kylies record for most shows played at a venue for Rod Laver Arena. Once, she tried to book just four shows along Australia’s east coast but due to demand, ended up adding 12 additional dates :blast:

She’s also one of the only artists to come to my city. Most of the time, I have to go to Sydney which is only 2 hours drive. Most recently, Cher came to my town. Gaga and Kelly Clarkson have also been here. 

Im not sure how, but P!nk is relatable here. Her attitude and humour fits in here. She’s beloved by many and has mass appeal here.

A while back I took one of those FB quizzes “Which pop star are you” and I of course got P!nk :pumped:

I have always been a fan of hers and I liked her Can’t take me home album but I’m glad she paved her own avenue in Pop music. I think she’s earned her “Icon” or “Legendary” status in music too. She’s one of the best performers :bparty:

I don't get why she's so big in Australia, or why she's successful in general to begin with. Most of her songs sound the same or have a recurring theme (she's got like a hundred break-up songs ffs), and while I won't deny her talent as a singer and performer, her attitude gets on my nerves because she comes across as extremely catty.

8 hours ago, Stefani said:

I don't get why she's so big in Australia, or why she's successful in general to begin with. Most of her songs sound the same or have a recurring theme (she's got like a hundred break-up songs ffs), and while I won't deny her talent as a singer and performer, her attitude gets on my nerves because she comes across as extremely catty.

She’s overrated af tbh! She used to be good in her early days but she became so generic she’s like the Pop/Rock version of Katy Perry now! You’re also right that she literally sings about the same thing over and over! A lot of singers fall into that cycle but it gets really tired and redundant from some like Pink...I think because she always tries so hard to come off as tough and badass...so it’s like alright we get it...try something different! 

Archived