This Day in Pop: Someday (I Will Understand) music video premieres in 2005 (June 14)

5 minutes ago, Filippo said:

Actually S&S was HUGE in Italy, both on the radio and in clubs. Maybe even bigger than Toxic. I was so proud, although the song is what it is lol.

Ugh, I know, I had such mixed feelings about it. Of course I was thrilled that she had her first #1 in the Netherlands since OIDIA, but for it to be with S&S even though she released such better songs than that... :(

She was really coming into her own as a writer. What she was creating was so different and interesting and showed a deeper sensibility than they allowed her to. They hindered her development and threw her back to "papi I want to ****" type of songs. Not that it's bad,but she had way more to say and express

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

This song is perfection. Hope Britney sits on the piano again someday.

I doubt it would've been a huge hit but it should've been released as a worldwide single - such a response to the way she was judged her at the time

I think Jive did not bother b/c Someday was not a part of a studio album. We all know why Britney's early singles rarely hit the top 10 despite being well not and remembered to this day...

• 11 months later...