This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'I Wanna Go' single in 2011 (June 13)

On 6/13/2020 at 1:36 AM, blackoutbixxh said:

I Wanna Go was a catchy, fun summer song :ramona: I’m glad it was released as a single! Plus, it was the only video from the entire FF era where she didn’t look like a total zombie :mhm:

I thought she was pretty lively in the ‘Criminal’ vid too, tho 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Avatar said:

I remember before the album came out someone announced or Larry did an interview and said that I Wanna Go was going to be the second single. 

I remember that, and I remember that song was then called or known as I-I-I Wanna Go...

7 hours ago, Avatar said:

And Britney has almost always picked the most random 4th/last single,  with the exception of a few contractual situations...

I think the only fourth single that makes sense is Born To Make You Happy, the others, well...

- Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know

- I Love Rock n Roll

- Outrageous (no comment on this)

- Radar (it would have made sense if it was released as the fourth single from Blackout, but not from Circus...) 🤦🏼‍♂️

- Criminal (a real crime to release this instead of other potential hits such as Big Fat Bass or Inside Out)

50 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

you can't compare that to this

maxresdefault.jpg

britney1--z.jpg

Plus on the acting parts she sounds like her old self and not that guttural FFney voice.

Tbh I think Criminal is the best video from FF era, then IWG > HIAM > TTWE

I’m not comparing videos... I’m comparing her appearance. In all three of those shots her eyes look dull and depressed. I think HIAM and Criminal were her two best videos of that era (arguably some of the best of her entire catalogue). However, she still had that sad look in her eyes. I Wanna Go was the only video where she looked somewhat alive... in my opinion :yaknow:

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...