This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'I Wanna Go' single in 2011 (June 13)

3 hours ago, Isla said:

Oh that’s interesting. Maybe I’m just listening to the wrong radio stations?

BBC radio 2 plays a lot more of the new Kylie. She's always on the a list..

BBC radio 2 enbraced Kylie.  But Not Madonna..

Madonna is so hung up on BBC radio 1. 

Which is sad. Cos It's a well known fact. BBC radio 2 is actually the most listened to radio station in the UK. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ol123 said:

Kylie is ageless over here. Alot of the time when stars get older they don't really get radio play anymore. The complete opposite for Kylie. Queen managed to release a country pop album, still have it reach number 1 and still had it playing in almost ever highstreet shop you walked into. Queen. :barbie: The British have and will always eat her music up. 

Dancing and Stop Me From Falling are some of my favourites from her! That era was massive, they still have the Vinyls in supermarkets and stuff next to Madonna, Michael, Mariah, George Michael, The Beatles, etc. 
She’s cemented herself as an Australian and British legend, purely because she had the talent and artistry to take on the likes of Christina, Britney, Mariah, Madonna etc and is STILL getting the same sales she got in the 90’s and 00’s. 

To me she’s in the same category as Westlife, Take That, Robbie Williams, Pink, those kind of people who never really fade from the scene

• Love 2
13 hours ago, YannFrance said:

Cool fun song but i hate the music video, it looks like an Avril Lavigne video or something lol. Looks cheap.

yas! to me it comes off a little bit try hard, wannabe avril, girlfriend era. i think the look is a bit childish/teeny for britney to rock; i dig her style in this somewhat but i would have liked another spin on it though. you can rock rainbow hair strips without coming off as a teenage wannabe. britney spears no GIF  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Avatar said:

And all the polls were fake for that era. I Wanna Go was always gonna be a single and so was Criminal.

Though I think Inside Out would have performed better in the US. Even with Myahs lead vocals

I don't think so. I mean, yeah, I Wanna Go kinda seemed like the perfect contender by then, but I'm almost sure their initial plan was to release Big Fat Bass or even some other songs from the tour, like (Drop Dead) Beautiful or Trouble for Me (since they pushed for the last two in the final poll).

I think if it was for Britney she would've released He About to Lose Me, but she also said she liked Criminal, so maybe that's why they reduced the options for the second poll to make it win. Maybe they wanted to release one of the slow songs as the final single (way to kill the era when there were still many more potential hits), but I don't think they were even sure fans were gonna pick Criminal. So maybe, another theory is they put Inside Out and Criminal to let (Drop Dead) Beautiful win, and when it was losing, they added Trouble for Me, but Criminal still won.

Anyways, I think that if Trip to Your Heart had already finished in second place, that should've been the next single. Or to be completely fair, the second poll should've had all the remaining songs, including the bonus tracks, so fans could really pick the one we wanted.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

One. Of. Her. Best. Singles. Ever!

Such a smash and a summer hit! Anyone else remember when bravo used it for their summer promo?! Good times!

as far as I remember this commercial helped the single smash.

it wasn't going anywhere in the beginning but this commercial gave it the needed exposure.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, S0ggyBiscuit said:

FF is an iconic album for that exact reason. I bought the album n the cringey concert dvd. Aww, the memories.:selenerz:

The fact that YouTube videos proved she sang the entire show live.

Her team decides to as usual dub it with the album audio. The fact is they included S&M audio by Rihanna especially the intro. Britney never was in the intro. 

I only bought the target exclusive deluxe as it contained an exclusive remix cd. That also included Scary. Making Femme fatale technically the first time all the released tracks were available on Cd. 

I even remember that expensive collector's fan edition even contained Scary 

@JordanMiller

Did you buy the Femme fatale Fan Premium edition of the album. 

Offered a 22 page book 17 track version of Femme fatale picture cd with Scary and a 7" picture disc vinyl of hold it against me. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

as far as I remember this commercial helped the single smash.

it wasn't going anywhere in the beginning but this commercial gave it the needed exposure.

The song charted before it even was announced as a single. It was going to be a smash regardless and it became her biggest radio hit ever I believe 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think so. I mean, yeah, I Wanna Go kinda seemed like the perfect contender by then, but I'm almost sure their initial plan was to release Big Fat Bass or even some other songs from the tour, like (Drop Dead) Beautiful or Trouble for Me (since they pushed for the last two in the final poll).

I think if it was for Britney she would've released He About to Lose Me, but she also said she liked Criminal, so maybe that's why they reduced the options for the second poll to make it win. Maybe they wanted to release one of the slow songs as the final single (way to kill the era when there were still many more potential hits), but I don't think they were even sure fans were gonna pick Criminal. So maybe, another theory is they put Inside Out and Criminal to let (Drop Dead) Beautiful win, and when it was losing, they added Trouble for Me, but Criminal still won.

Anyways, I think that if Trip to Your Heart had already finished in second place, that should've been the next single. Or to be completely fair, the second poll should've had all the remaining songs, including the bonus tracks, so fans could really pick the one we wanted.

I remember before the album came out someone announced or Larry did an interview and said that I Wanna Go was going to be the second single. 

And Britney has almost always picked the most random 4th/last single,  with the exception of a few contractual situations...

• Love 1

When I first listened to femme fatale, I wanna go was the immediate standout. (Besides what had already been released) 

The production is great. Martin and shellback created the If u seek amy of femme fatale imo. Infectious, catchy and fun.

I’m glad it rightfully charted well, and the single cover is gorgeous. I actually like how the mv isn’t like anything else she’d done. Random, and a bit cringe but cute. It pushed the song along further though I think. 
iwannago_britney-6.gif?resize=460,258&ss

35 minutes ago, theholyspearit22 said:

When I first listened to femme fatale, I wanna go was the immediate standout. (Besides what had already been released) 

The production is great. Martin and shellback created the If u seek amy of femme fatale imo. Infectious, catchy and fun.

I’m glad it rightfully charted well, and the single cover is gorgeous. I actually like how the mv isn’t like anything else she’d done. Random, and a bit cringe but cute. It pushed the song along further though I think. 
iwannago_britney-6.gif?resize=460,258&ss

I like more than IUSA actually. But IUSA video > IWG video of course.