What are you reading?

Girrrl... I have quite a big library, but now with my smartphone I can't concentrate as much as before, so I have lots of unfinished books. But maybe I could name a few: Pillars of the Earth, Little Women, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (before Gaga, excuse me), a book with short essays about nature and sustainability, and I could go on and on. If I had to finish a book before going to the next I would have no idea what I have in my library haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does reading Exhale count  ?

“How To Ruin Your Career By Being Racist: The story of 2 Hit Wonder Camila Cabello”  Ghost written by Lea Michele 

Hey all you bookworms out there, what are you reading? I’d love to hear what kind of books you usually like reading and what made you choose the book you’re reading now. I’m currently reading The

Posted Images

I’m currently working on James Rollins’ - The Judas Strain...

I love to read, prefer actual physical books. 

Recent good ones I recommend...

Blackout by Marc Elsberg...

and The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes...I want more hunger games books...

On 6/13/2020 at 6:28 PM, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Just finished Bram Stoker's Dracula (1897). Marvelous read. Currently torn between the following: 1984, The Grapes of Wrath, Catch-22, The Kite Runner, and Fathers and Sons. 

I read 1984. Ppl also recommended me his animal farm -so i hope i will find time to read it

Through the Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World by Lynne Spears.... :jl::jl::jl: KIDDING!!

Its been a while since I stopped reading as I think I was working way too much. Back in the days I was mostly into mainstream novels :lizzie: but not anymore, now I am more attracked social topics books and biographies.

At the moment Im finishing Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari and just bought Black Skins, White Masks from Frantz Manon. From this last I already have read a chapter for a Social Rights course I was doing some weeks ago and its impressive! Very deep and passionate description of the inequalities thar African descents community has faced in the last century :praisega:

• Love 1

I am a book lover, but it’s so hard when you’re surrounded by technology. The books I’ve finished recently are Mrs. Dalloway, The Old Man and The Sea and Ana Karenina. 
Currently reading David Copperfield and Robinson Crusoe.. I’m exhausted already because it’s hard not to lose focus. As you may see, the books I’m reading are all classics which are required in order to pass my exams. Modernists are a hell to read mostly because they are using various techniques which focuses on the human mind. 

Today I’ve purchased A Passage to India by Forster. Hm, I’m pretty interested in this one.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2020 at 2:51 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I used to be a huge reader as a kid, but then smartphones came along and ruined my ability to focus on anything for longer than 2 minutes. :cackling:

yeah, same here.. it's actually so sad. I used to read a lot. :katycry:

On 6/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, bitbitboi said:

Girrrl... I have quite a big library, but now with my smartphone I can't concentrate as much as before, so I have lots of unfinished books. But maybe I could name a few: Pillars of the Earth, Little Women, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (before Gaga, excuse me), a book with short essays about nature and sustainability, and I could go on and on. If I had to finish a book before going to the next I would have no idea what I have in my library haha

I just finished Pillars, I don’t know how it ended up at my place but I’m glad it did. Historical fiction isn’t something I usually read but I reckon it’s in my top 5, I can’t stop thinking about it. I’ve ordered the sequels even though I hear they don’t compare and how could they?! But regardless, I must. 

• Love 1

Not reading anything at the moment, but I am writing my own novel. It’s a mystery/thriller about a college student who’s roommate disappears and the police don’t really take it seriously. He finds some clues and he takes it upon himself to figure out what’s happened.

cat working GIF

• Love 4
  • Exhale+
8 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

Not reading anything at the moment, but I am writing my own novel. It’s a mystery/thriller about a college student who’s roommate disappears and the police don’t really take it seriously. He finds some clues and he takes it upon himself to figure out what’s happened.

cat working GIF

Interesting :fran:

Spoiler

leak it :lessons: or should i? :chrissy:

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

5 hours ago, 5 A.M. said:

I just finished Pillars, I don’t know how it ended up at my place but I’m glad it did. Historical fiction isn’t something I usually read but I reckon it’s in my top 5, I can’t stop thinking about it. I’ve ordered the sequels even though I hear they don’t compare and how could they?! But regardless, I must. 

oh FANTASTIC book!! Doesn't it seem like you're LIVING those same experiences? It's crazy how somebody can write something so vividly...

5 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

oh FANTASTIC book!! Doesn't it seem like you're LIVING those same experiences? It's crazy how somebody can write something so vividly...

Yes! It was like I understand humanity more, which I mean one probably does from reading most any novel but this one in particular. I’m buying everybody a copy for Xmas. Wrapped up meticulously. 

• Love 1